Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please !

Sefton

Hi everyone in the club. I have a Corolla Solair 3 door hatch 1332cc Registered August 1995.

I have a very annoying rumbling and knocking noise when driving on slightly uneven surface or rough ground coming from the nearside rear. I have been told that this is caused by a worn bush which connects to the back wheel by a bar, in order to stabilise the back wheel. I think I got that right. It is not dangerous and would not be an MOT failure but it is very annoying and apparently will get noisier. I was told that to get a new part would cost £180 plus labour. Has anyone got any suggestions as to a way of dealing with it at a cheaper cost. I live in East Sussex. Thank you very much.

The bushes (that it sounds like you are talking about) are not normally available readily. You will need to do some shopping around.

Fensport can supply Super Pro poly bushes for the arms if you speak to them, and they can be replaced either DIY if you have the right sort of tools (available from Screwfix/Machinemart etc), or by a decent mechanic for a price less than £180+VAT.

That price sounds like a new arm with bushes complete, or bumped up to cover the possible fiddly nature of the work on an 'older' car.

I would personally replace the bushes with poly uprated versions, as for the price, they will be the right ones and of good quality. 'Cheaper' bushes are just that, cheap. Avoid.

HTH

As far as I'm aware a worn suspension bush will be an mot failure dependant on the level of wear. From what you dexcribe it sounds like failed bushes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links