Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smell Of Diesel Through Vents

Duracell

Hi

Apologies if this has been covered before but couldn't find anything through the search function.

Noticed a strong smell of diesel coming through the vents into the cabin this morning - especially when stationary - seems to go away when driving. Got a replacement engine a few weeks ago under warranty due to head gasket failure - could this be linked to that?

Faulty injector maybe?

open the bonet and inspect all fuel line connections/fittings.

check with return line / fuel filter etc

the problem must be there

regards

Thanks. There's a leak somewhere - wet patch under the car after it's been sitting a while. As I wouldn't know which way to hold a spanner it's going in to Toyota tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

it looks there is a leak due to lose of hose band or fuel filter gives a leak or high pressure lone has not been well tighten

regards / Igor

Unbelievably mine is in for the same thing, new injector fitted Sat,leaking gaskets today. Think I should have just got a Yaris as that's all I seem to be driving around in at the moment.

Rich, our cars seem to be taking the same path - I may as well start saving up for the faulty injector that's coming my way! :)

Car back from dealer - it was a leaking injector pipe. Sorted now.

Forgot to say - igormus you were spot on. It was due to high pressure and just needed tightened. Thanks.

Glad it's sorted, just picked mine up let's hope it's all trouble free motoring for the future :)

Forgot to say - igormus you were spot on. It was due to high pressure and just needed tightened. Thanks.

GREAT David sorted !!!

Have a nice motoring there

A Toyota common rail high pressure injector pipe should never be re-tightened, it should be replaced and set to the correct torque, and that is from Toyota themselves

A Toyota common rail high pressure injector pipe should never be re-tightened, it should be replaced and set to the correct torque, and that is from Toyota themselves

Thats a very good point! When I had my new engine Toyota replaced all the pipes...