Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Injector Failure After Engine Replacement.

RichT180

Lucky me, had my engine replaced due to the extended warranty on head gasket issues. Had the car back 3 weeks and one of the injectors died. £500 later and the car is great once more. Just wandered if anyone else had experienced this problem after an engine replacement. I have been told that injectors don't like it when the pressure is released and then removed and refitted. Thanks

Hi Rich

What were the symptoms of the injector failure? I started another post as I've got a fuel leak somewhere and as it's been a few weeks since my engine replacement.

Dave

Hi Dave,

The whole car was shaking on acceleration and very little power. Average mpg was on countdown. I managed to get it home but couldn't really drive it about.

the fuel injector is only fuel valve controlled by solenoid coil via loading spring.

the injector afraids olny dirty fuel passing thru it into the cylinder.

the issue with one injector might be as an internal needle sticking in intermediate position or giving a leak due to poor contact with nozzle tip. nothing more.

sometimes a simple things influence on engine as whole

regards / Igor