Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Reason Why I Will Be Leaving The Aygo Brigade

weevicky

Well I've made the hard decsion to sell my aygo at the end of the month :(

I love my wee car but it's just costing far too much money to fix in the past few months; I've spent £600 in the past two months just to get it to work.

I joined the aygo brigade in Sept 2006, on the warranty the seals were all replaced, the radiator, the water bottle, the clutch, the exhaust, the gear box, the lights, the seat belt clippers (as they snapped off), the locks twice.

and for the past six years its been amazing , but that past six months has been hell. I'm on the fourth backbox (no fault of mine), the bracket that holds the exhuast pipe from the engine snapped through corrosion, the back passenger side spring snapped (corrosion), the handbrake cable snapped, the clutch failed (second time), the car refused to go into reverse (exciting).

I am a careful driver I don't rally it or rush it, I think I might just go buy a saxo

I can only say good luck to the next owner.

That's some awful bad luck Vicky :(

Hope that things get better when you get your replacement car! :)

Get a Yariiiiiis! :D

Good idea! :)

I had the exhaust issue and replaced mine with a longlife Stainless Steel cat back system, it was around £250 with a lifetime guarantee, and no issues since.. it sounds like you have had a lot go wrong though and that's got to be annoying.

If you are set on changing cars just keep in mind the saxo is getting on a bit now. and the last ones where the vtr / vts 2003 models (from memory) so you could be trading one problem for another..

I hope you sort it out.

I had a 107 and had issues with the clutch and exhaust too :/ They both went at around 20,000 miles. Crazy when the car wasn't that old, but they just corrode. My clutch plate had shattered, so I know it wasn't usual wear and tear. You'd think on a city car the clutch would be stronger, considering it's going to get a lot of use in city traffic.

More details can be found here about the clutches and exhaust issue - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/aygo-2005/?section=bad

I've got an iQ now and only time will tell if I get similar issues.. *fingers crossed* that this one lives up to Toyota's reputation of good reliability.