Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Actual Clutch Or Cable?

Er1507

Hi sorry if this has been down before, in new and haven't got time to look through previous threads.

I have a 56 plate with just over 38000 on the clock and this week iv noticed its getting harder and harder to get into any gear and they're grinding more. My mum thinks its the clutch going but my brothers had a look at the formums and seems convinced it's something to do with the clutch cables.

Has anyone experienced this and can you point me in the right direction as I'm completely clueless!

More than likely it will be the Clutch assembly, the Clutch is cable operated, but unless there is excessive free play on the clutch Pedal adjustment you would not get the problem that you describe. Clutch faults appear to be quite common on early Aygo's and there is now a updated Clutch available.

I Agree it does sound like a clutch issue. When you press the pedal does it feel ok in that the travel feels normal an when released its returning normally and is roughly sat at the same level as the brake pedal if so i suspect the clutch

PS i am a mechanic by trade.

I had this issue on my Peugeot 107 (same car) and I found it a struggle to get into gear and then when I finally got to the mechanic, he said the clutch plate had shattered. It sounds similar so could be the same thing. Ring round for prices rather than trying to drive to all the garages, I tried to go round to get quotes and in the end I couldn't get into gears anymore and had to limp to the closest garage in just 2nd gear :( not fun.