Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T180 Growling Noise At Low Speed..

chrisstyles

Hi, Having just had a 70k (56plate) service I was informed my gearbox bearings were getting noisy and need changing. I have also notice a growling type noise as slow speed with the clutch engaged but no accelerator input. Is this likly to be the gearbox bearing?

Also a friend said that it had noticably started to sound noise on tickover. Anything I can check?

Cheers for any pointers.

Ok the growling buzzing noise appears to be coming from the air filter box which will need a bit of investigation.

I also have a very loud tappit noise coming from the very top of the engine. Anyone else had a similar issue? Is this normal for the engine to get louder as they age, Toyota didn't seem to flag anything when it was in for a service. A friend said it could be an injector seal but I am not convinced.

Anyone any comments or suggestions or known issues?

Check the pipelines going to the airbox, im sure somebody on here had the same issue and it was a simple pipeline change, cant be 100% but worth a check,

Regards phil

Noise When Rev Needle Is Between 1500Rpm And 2000Rpm

Have a look at this post, any similarity??

Regards phil

Thanks Phil, that's the rev range but I can't see a link on your post. Pretty sure it's the air box or somewhere around.

Type that into the search box mate, worth a look

Regards phil

Air box noise will be the foam padding between the air box and wing, the padding losses it shape over time, remove air box re pad with foam strips and the noise will be gone

Alex

Thanks all. Read a similar post.... A small self tapping screw though the box and the inlet pipe.... Noise gone.. Yay.. Just the tap pit noise which seems to be only when warm, will be doing a bit more investigation.

Thanks all once again.

• 1 month later...