Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Recall Sept 2006-Dec 2008

Red Yaris 54

Thanks for the link,

I put my Reg number in and it is verified as requiring attention so I called the local dealers who said they can't do anything until I receive a letter from Toyota GB even though Toyota GB they tell you to contact them.

So the whole idea is of going to the website is floored really and you may as well wait until you get the letter ... unless of course you are a very recent new owner.

Pete.

Pete

As with all things relating to recalls, it is a fine balance between telling customers a recall is impending, and getting the recall under way

Toyota have announced two recalls recently, but in both cases, parts are not yet available to carry out the work. The idea of the website is to inform you your vehicle will / will not need work carrying out, as a lot of cutomers do panic a bit and want to know there and then. If it does NOT need doing, you can download a certificate to keep with your car to say it does not need further action, if it DOES need attention, then just sit back and wait for your letter, as when the letters go out, parts will be available to perform a fix. It is not that you cannot get the recall done without a letter in your hand, more like the parts are not available until the letters go out

hope that makes sense and clears it up a bit

Kingo :thumbsup:

As with all things relating to recalls, it is a fine balance between telling customers a recall is impending, and getting the recall under way

Toyota have announced two recalls recently, but in both cases, parts are not yet available to carry out the work.

I don't think TOC is helping here - at the top of every page it has a big sign saying "URGENT Toyota Window Recall" which does kind of imply that we should be doing something about it asap. Clearly it is not very urgent or they'd be rushing to pull the appropriate fuse out for our safety until they could fix it properly.

Im the 3rd owner of my car and it hasnt been near a toyota dealer in at least 2 years so how do toyota know my address to send a letter to me? is there someplace I need to register?

Im the 3rd owner of my car and it hasnt been near a toyota dealer in at least 2 years so how do toyota know my address to send a letter to me? is there someplace I need to register?

If necessary Toyota will get your address from the vehicle registration authorities :)

Firstly check if your car is in the recall range affected www.toyota.co.uk/recall

If it's not, continue to enjoy your car

If it is, you will get a letter from Toyota, your name and address is supplied to VOSA by the DVLA and passed to Toyota to contact customers

I don't think TOC is helping here - at the top of every page it has a big sign saying "URGENT Toyota Window Recall"

I agree, that is why yesterday I asked who from TOC admin was making the posts. It looked like it was an official statement from Toyota, it wasn't

Pete

Toyota have announced two recalls recently, but in both cases, parts are not yet available to carry out the work. The idea of the website is to inform you your vehicle will / will not need work carrying out, as a lot of cutomers do panic a bit and want to know there and then. If it does NOT need doing, you can download a certificate to keep with your car to say it does not need further action, if it DOES need attention, then just sit back and wait for your letter, as when the letters go out, parts will be available to perform a fix. It is not that you cannot get the recall done without a letter in your hand, more like the parts are not available until the letters go out

hope that makes sense and clears it up a bit

Hello mate,

Could you copy and paste that into the Toyota GB website it will save the dealers a lot of unwanted phone calls!

Only joking mate, thanks for the reply :cheers: .

I know Pete, I have been fielding phone calls quite a lot over the last few days

Toyota issue a specific press release, then the press agencies change the wording to make it more newsworthy.

As someone once said "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"