Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Recalls 7.4 Million Cars

Toyota Owners Club

So the workaround is just to not lubricate it until Mr T can!

I am still amazed they issued an official recall over something this trivial! :lol:

You could just have easily said that about the pedal recall, in reality it affected a tiny number of cars, 99% of unintended acceleration problems came from mats stuck under the pedal (wrong mats used) and the fix was a tiny steel shim worth 10p but as a responsible manufacturer, they want to ensure customers their cars are safe to drive and own

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for ammending the header +Admin. That reads far better.

Could have been, it does work, but expands to a very long link

I would imagine it is one of the most visited pages at the moment

Slightly confused here as I have entered my reg and got the following message:

We have identified that your Toyota is subject to a voluntary customer service campaign or outstanding safety recall.

Is the message above in relation to the switch or the rear suspension arm on our RAV4 or both?

We received a letter last month advising Toyota would be in touch about the rear suspension arm but we have heard nothing since and I am getting concerned over this now given that my wife does around 20k per year motorway driving in our RAV and I would like to think that she is not at risk of any thing coming loose on the car & causing an accident.

PM me if you require our reg number.

Hi Kingo, I am the Associate Editor here.

Just it looks like the posts are being made by Toyota rather than TOC ;)

Hi kingo

It's not Toyota LOL

Just the club updating about the recall.

Yes I know Steve but it reads like someone from the press department at Toyota :yes: it is typical journo talk

The use of the word URGENT at the top of every page is not helpful either :no: I am being bombarded with calls from people having been on the site and seeing "urgent" everywhere. I have asked one of the mods if the word urgent can be removed. I am all for clear information, but the information being given by TOC gives the impression to the first time visitor that he should be knocking on the door of his dealer at 8.30 to get his switched changed. It will be a couple of weeks before the parts / training / logistics will be in place to start the campaign

Totally agree there - it doesn't look good & only amplifies something which has affected one car in thousands. Anyone who is daft enough to squirt 3in1 into an electrical switch ........

Poor Toyota are getting a bad media rap for some very minor recalls !

this has been sorted Kingo. Sorry about that :)

• 4 weeks later...

Took my Yaris in today for the recall, the switch worked fine so just needed checking/lubricating, only took 45 minutes from the time I handed them my keys to the time they handed them back. They even washed the car. Excellent service.

I have a yaris and had a letter about window. I assumed this was non urgent so was waiting for futher instruction. i am now worried it maybe needed for this other recall problem. I need my car every day so am reluctant to be without my car. I can't imagine they have enough courtesy cars available. How are we to be compensated for such inconvenience.

I have a yaris and had a letter about window. I assumed this was non urgent so was waiting for futher instruction. i am now worried it maybe needed for this other recall problem. I need my car every day so am reluctant to be without my car. I can't imagine they have enough courtesy cars available. How are we to be compensated for such inconvenience.

Have you spoken to your dealer? Don't let your imagination run wild, you need to speak with them and discuss your requirements. If it is needed for the other recall, check your registration number on the Toyota.co.uk website, if it needs any work doing, perhaps your dealer can do both jobs at once. I am sure a free car for the day would be more than enough in compensation

• 1 month later...

Their site seems to be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. It told me my Prius wasn't affected by the recall for the 'soft' steering shaft issue. Couple of weeks after I checked, I received a recall notice through the post.

• 4 months later...

Toyota is recalling over seven million cars worldwide due to a fault with the electric windows.

What's the Problem?

The problem is down to the master window switch on the driver's side which appears to be "notchy or sticky" according to Toyota. There is a risk of damaging, and in one reported case, melting the switch when any commercially available lubricant is applied in an attempt to solve the problem.

What cars are affected?

It affects most models in the Toyota range including the Yaris, Auris and RAV4, built between 2006 and 2008. Despite earlier reports, Toyota has confirmed to us that the Corolla is not part of the recall.

Around 138,000 vehicles are in the UK are involved in the recall.

What happens next?

All owners who are affected by this recall will be contacted by Toyota directly within the next six weeks and asked to book an appointment to get the fault repaired. If you are particularly concerned then there is a registration look up on the toyota.co.uk website or you can call them on 0800 1388744 to check if your car is affected. Toyota will either replace the faulty switch or lubricate with purpose made lubricant it depending on how bad it is. Repairs will be carried out free of charge.

If you have been affected by the recall please let us know how you get on below. And we are also happy to try answer any questions you might have about what is happening with the recall.

Check out our full article on Toyota's worldwide recall here: http://www.toyotaown...7-4million-cars

Would this also include the door locking mechanism? One of my rear doors is locked shut and its not the first time this has happened. I can't unlock it and we can't take off the inner door panel to look at the mechanism until the door is open!

The issue is where the master switch on the driver's door has become notchy in use and people have tried to lubricate the switch - the lubricant used could cause the switch to overheat.

Separate to the actual locking mechanism.

Have look at: http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/4es6b-toyota-yaris-toyota-yaris-06-back-door-will.html

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links