Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To Rav4

MarinerK

Hi there,

I will be taking delivery of my first RAV hopefully on Saturday. (Did someone say, RRG Macclesfield selling alot of them?)

Tried to get a deal up here but dealers couldnt match the deals 'doon sooth' so took the bait.

I went for FF style pack and touch and go. Wondering what are the other essentials, I should have straightaway?

Mud flaps, bumper protector, under sealing, what should be the priority, keeping the budget down to £100pm? And off course, anything else which I missed out.

And is it genuine or the after market (though better quality is on the agenda), I should go for.

Your invaluable input is appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi there,

I will be taking delivery of my first RAV hopefully on Saturday. (Did someone say, RRG Macclesfield selling alot of them?)

Tried to get a deal up here but dealers couldnt match the deals 'doon sooth' so took the bait.

I went for FF style pack and touch and go. Wondering what are the other essentials, I should have straightaway?

Mud flaps, bumper protector, under sealing, what should be the priority, keeping the budget down to £100pm? And off course, anything else which I missed out.

And is it genuine or the after market (though better quality is on the agenda), I should go for.

Your invaluable input is appreciated.

Cheers,

Welcome t'club, oh ancient Mariner of the Norf,

Only go for Toyota mudflaps, but bear in mind that the new side steps which are part of the Style Kit necessitate some adept Dremellising of the front pair to make them fit apparently. Rears remain as a straight bolt on. I will have same problem with mine which I pick up on Friday from RRG Macclesfield. I would presume they have flunged in some carpet mats, but rubber ones are also handy (especially in rural areas.....?) but Toyota ones are expensive. When I remember where I got my mud "trays" I will drop you a PM, BUT THEY WURNAE CHEAP EITHER.

Good Luck with the new car.....you will love it.

Big Kev fae Glesga.

Thanks Kev,

Gave up on norse galleys and yoals lang sin syne.

Nae fan of yun carpet mats, will swap fur the rubber wans or bruck em. Canna use yuns in weet weather, hate soggy smell

I planned fur the Toyota flaps and boot liner fae HERE and heavy duty rubber wans fae Here on eBay.

Needed an expert advise before going for it.

Cheerio,

These posts should get ye a wee note from our resident Parts King, known on here as Parts King (or Kingo). He is Parts Manager for Lindop Toyota in Welsh Waleshire and will knock you out all things Toyota at discounted prices, which you will need due (as ye ken fine) to carriage prices to your wee mud hut on the island.

I will get him to contact you, herewith, ..... HAW, KINGO MIN....SORT THIS MAN OOT WITH SOME BITS , HEAR ME....?

Big Kev

I'm here big boy!

PM me before the big lad shouts at me AGAIN!!

King Coward :thumbsup:

I'm here big boy!

PM me before the big lad shouts at me AGAIN!!

King Coward :thumbsup:

New member may not be totally au fait with the expression or indeed the how to of PM, Kingo. If need be I will translate at usual fee of wan golf ball per item bought.......?

My next post will be in Manx Gaelic,why should you Scotlandshire lads have it all your own way Welcome to the Forum by the way, I see you have meet Big Kev already. Looks like RRG Macclesfield are doing some business at the moment, wonder if they accept Scottish tenners!!!!!

Faistre Mai Clare

Thank ya aa folks, (Kev, Claire and your Highness)

Kev, I wisna kent, its such a close knit community. Braaly good to see dat.

If I get good discount fae Kingo, I'm gonna buy him mince & tatties made fae reestit mutton. Will PM you once sort out finances.

Claire, They certainly are, they sold two RAVs in two minutes (slight exaggeration) to two of us (Me & my mate). No Toyota dealer giving over three grand off with nought percent finance.

Its too good to believe and too good to say no to. Think they got the right ideas, Less margin, more cars, same profit.

Cheers

I think I understood this topic... gonna be a major glut of nosebleeds soon in Macclesfield due to a influx of gentlemen from the North parting with their hard earned pound coins.

Wee Kev what causes the nosebleeds travelling south or parting with serious amounts of cash?

Gus

If I get good discount fae Kingo, I'm gonna buy him mince & tatties made fae reestit mutton. Will PM you once sort out finances.

Put a crust on that and you'll have him eating out of your hand - literally :eat:

I think I understood this topic... gonna be a major glut of nosebleeds soon in Macclesfield due to a influx of gentlemen from the North parting with their hard earned pound coins.

Wee Kev what causes the nosebleeds travelling south or parting with serious amounts of cash?

Gus

The nasal hemmy - raging is purely brought about by passing The Wall of Hadrian, Gus, but good to know that shortly behind me will be two Shetlanders to collect their cars (ok.....easy to get a bad name....they asked one sheep for a date....) but I need to be a fly on the wall when a Shetland accent meets an accent from That Manchestershire.....mind boggles.

Freedom !!!!! aye right....Salmond gets in and we move to Dorset.......

Aye, Kilt Kingdom, Macclesfield first battle groond,

Shetland Moorit Yowe on da way,

Looked "Macclesfield" up on the map. It's well and truly "oop norf" Just near to that Scootland. It's no where near down sowf. Only thing south of me is IOW then Franceshire!!

Dave of the Sowf

Looked "Macclesfield" up on the map. It's well and truly "oop norf" Just near to that Scootland.

Dave of the Sowf

You need a new map :yes: Just goes to show, them there folk from darn sarf think you will get a nose bleed North of Watford! :D:

Macc is in the North West, about 200 miles from Scotlandshire :rolleyes:

King Map :thumbsup:

See PM ah jist sented ye.

See PM ah jist sented ye.

Got it

Cheers

Looked "Macclesfield" up on the map. It's well and truly "oop norf" Just near to that Scootland.

Dave of the Sowf

You need a new map :yes: Just goes to show, them there folk from darn sarf think you will get a nose bleed North of Watford! :D:

far as I am concerned, Macc is now in the deep south and the residents are all sipping Mint Julups with their Whippets.

Still scary for me, a. South-eastern lad, seeing signs for "The South" as I drive to Newcastle !!

Dave of the Sowf

Just double checked. The maps fine, Macc's well up North (closer to Scotlandshire than I)

No nose bleeds though, spent two weeks in Glasgow earlier this year with no trouble (well I say no trouble, except I was in Glasgow on St Paddys night, that was an experience, even for a (part) Irishman like myself!)

Dave O'Southly

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links