Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front B Rakes On Aygo

Mickjes

Hi all I have just got back from my holidays and during my journey I noticed that my front brakes were getting very hot.

It has worn the pads and discs down and Toyota say that they have never had this problem before

and can not find out what caused the problem therefor I have no claim on the warranty.

My car is an Aygo Ice and was registered in march of this year.

They then gave me an invoicel of £289 to rectify the problem.

Has anyone else had this problem?.

What are they charging you for?

Hi Raistlin,

they are charging for Brake discs, pads, and changing brake fluid because they say that it must have boiled.

Mike.

What measurements have they given you for the min and max for the discs and pads? It is a good idea to get the fluid changed if it has got as hot as you say they have

Alex

Hi I do not rally with it,

It has now done up to today 2,800 miles.

They say the brake pads have only got 40% left and they said that the discs need changing as they show signe`s of overheating and are worn but did not say by how much.

This is the front brakes only.

I have had a car-a-tow a frame fitted on my car and have had it checked out to see if that was the problem it has been tested and there was no problem.

I took the car on tow to France parked the motorhome on site and then used the car then hitched it up and drove back with no problems.

When my Toyota garage saw the cable for the Car-a-Tow they imediatley said there has been a modification so that was to blame.

It was whilst I was driving around after my holiday that I noticed the brakes were getting hot.

When I am driving the car around there is nothing connected to the brakes or anything whatsoever associated with the Car-A-Tow

Since I have had the car the MPG has been poor Filled to the top each time I only get around 380 miles brim to brim with premium petrol.

What do you get.

Before anyone says O Yes that is the problem I have done two trips totaling 200 miles with the car on the Car-a-Tow since returning from my holiday with no problems or overheating.

Mike.

380 isn't bad between fillups - obviously it depends on how empty you get before filling it up, so is only a very rough guide anyway, but pushing to my comfort limit I've only got just over 400 and I generally get a bit over 50 mpg.

The Car-a-Tow website says there is an overrun brake connection to the car's brake pedal. It certainly sounds as though that has been set-up wrong and has been applying the brakes lightly while you've been towing it, which would explain the horrendous brake wear. I guess that is what your dealer has reckoned as well. It's hard to think of anything else that would cause this other than seized cylinders (which the garage should be able to diagnose and seem very unlikely for the age/mileage) or driving with a foot resting on the pedal.

When I am driving the car around there is nothing connected to the brakes or anything whatsoever associated with the Car-A-Tow

How do you remove all the Car-A-Tow stuff? The cable goes to the brake pedal, so that must be a major exercise to remove.

How do you remove all the Car-A-Tow stuff? The cable goes to the brake pedal, so that must be a major exercise to remove.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is no major exercise at all to disconect! it is a simple thing to remove the A frame.

All you have to do is disconect the Power plug pull a pin on the brake cable two pins on the towing eyes and one small pin where the brake cable is connected to the brake pedel and that is that a matter of two or three minutes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links