Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engline Oil For Auris Tr 07

Vijayraj554

Hi,

I want to change engline oil to use synthetic oil.

My car is Auris 07 1.6 TR.

Can anyone suggests which synthetic oil grade do i need to use ?

No need to go to the expense of fully synthetic.

The spec is

5W30 Premium Fuel Efficient (PFE) TGMO

API CF; ACEA A5/B5 C2

Kingo :thumbsup:

Go for Mobil (Full Synth) 1 ESP (5w-30) C2 spec oil. This can be bought for £62 for 2x5Ltr containers off a dealer off eBay. Or Shell Helix Ultra Extra. Both can be bought for the same price as a semi synth oil but far better TBN numbers and Viscosity Index, Flash points ect...

As Kingo said, there's absolutely no point in using fully synthetic oil when semi will do perfectly. The 1.6 Auris is not a highly tuned or strained engine & it's not exactly a boy-racer special. So it really doesn't need very high spec oil & you won't even notice the difference in it's running behavoir.

But you will notice that a full synth with protect your engine better than a semi oil!!!... I know what I'd use in my car. Especially if its the same or cheaper than a semi lube... Its all about the protective quality of the oil. Upto the OP at the end of the day.

I'm afraid I do not subscribe to the theory that because it is fully synthetic it must be better. It has better marketing and commands a far higher price!

I am being slightly flippant, but to the ordinary car driver who has his car serviced once a year and does the average mileage, I do not see the benefits. There are vehicles that will benefit from a fully synthetic oil, and if you are a high miler, then I could see why you would, but to the average Joe Egg, GOOD QUALITY 5w 30 semi will be just fine and you will save yourself a few quid in the process

However, we live in a world where we have a personal choice, and if you feel the need to go fully synthetic, then go for it ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Of course it's the OP's choice, no argument there. :)

Perhaps the way I can rationalise it is this - in my Skyline & Supra from a few years back, I used fully synthetic oil. They were powerful cars that were used in a sporting manner - but well maintained & they justified the expense of the best oils. I was happy to use that performance safe in the knowledge that those engines were well protected. It would have been very expensive otherwise !

In every daily runner that I've had (Fiat, Audi, Nissan, Toyota, etc) I use semi-synthetic & the engines have been just fine.

As a side-note, I have it on good authority from a top engine tuner that he runs ALL his engines in on semi-synthetic (before changing to fully synthetic if required for that vehicle's purpose). The reason ? Because fully synthetic is so protective of a new engine that it doesn't allow the pistons, etc to 'bed in' properly.

If you want max protection as i imagine we all do then why not use the best you can afford.

your dealer may well put in a semi synthetic when its being serviced.

you can as can as Mistermena says buy Esp 5w 30 on eBay and give the can to your dealer use ( as i do )

and it will be cheaper than he will chargng for an inferor oil.

its a a personal choice at the end of the day.

but its all down to what is a semi synthetic oil is. is it 10% or 50% your not told are you.

With a fully synthetic then you know what they are claiming.

Not so with semi synthetic.

Thanks for all who replied.

So ill try first with semi-synthetic oil.

Can any body suggests is it worth using iriidum spark plugs instead of ordinary ones.

the original plugs in your engine should already be Iridium and these should only ones to be used in the 1ZR FE engine (1.6 engine) see page 397 in your handbook.They are supposed to be good for 60000 miles dont try regapping them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links