FesterT180

So today my rear mudflaps arrived, so all in all i have fitted;

• Rear parking sensors,
  • bluetooth,
  • n/s/f & o/s/f scuff plates,
  • A bumper protection plate,
  • Changed the alloys
  • And had it limo tinted,

so all i am waiting for now is a spoiler and from the price i have seen them it's going to be a while :disgust:

Was afte a spoiler my self and checked eBay daily but a bit thin on the ground. saw one or two that went for more than i was willing to pay as they would have to be sprayed to the silver i needed.

A new spoiler is near £400 in ready sprayed.

Then come across a member on here who had a brand new complete with fittings and in the siver steel colour and he sold it to me for £150 As i was very keen to have one, but had it several months and still not got around to fitting it. Such is life.

if its was me i would snatch up the buy it now price as seen s/hand ones going for more than that on auction.

I have seen these fitted to the Auris before, they give the car a nice sporty look, i can see i shall have to start saving my pennies.

Hey guys so i have emailed the seller to make sure he has the fitting kit for the spoiler unless someone on here has a new or good condition 2nd hand ixion blue spoiler for sale, wink wink, the one on eBay seems the cheepest i have seen

and i have now just bought it woo hoo

Edited by FesterT180

Looking forward to seeing pics of it fitted to your car Fester. We must cross paths occasionally, i live at Mickleover just down the road from the Toyota factory.

If the fitting instructions are not with it when it arrives then you can get them off the Toyota Tec site.

good luck.

Thanks for the davice guys re fitting it that wont be an issue i have fitted many of these in my time it was the style option for the auris, @ Abey i'm in Sinfin myself so im guessing our paths have crossed before now i will be posting photos when i have fitted it although i do need to have it painted before that time, no rush though.

I've attached the instructions to this post.

thanks for that

Dropped off my ic0 coloured spoiler at the workshop be painted 8s1. Should be done one morning next week. Get in.

Decide i will fit my spoiler this weekend.i removed the plastic cover inside the hatch this morning,which came off very easy by hand without a need for any tools. i did that now so i could way up the job before hand, as did the nut covers.

Bit confused, as in section 5 of the instructionsit shows a pair cutters or such indicating something has to be cut.but for the ife of me i cant see what it is.

i would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Nice, I presume you've had your windows tinted too?

What was the percentage? it looks great.

Hi i dont understand the question re the percentage

@ peter if your spoiler is the same as mine was there is no cutting needed, i took the black cover off from inside of the tail gate un did the 4 x little bolts then took the factory fitted spoiler off.

i then put the sticky foam strip on the spoiler with the sticky foam washers x4 put it on the car and bolted it job done

In the fitting kit i had 2 badges one white one black 4x hex bolts (bolts that need an allen key) a rubber sealing strip, and 4x foam washers.

i hope this helps oh and feel free to ask if you need any more help or advice.

As i posted,the fitting instructions for the spoiler does show something needs cutting,but anyway went ahead and unclpped the spoiler off, only problem the middle clip was very tight and the bolts in the original spoiler which were only finger tight by the way, started turning with the nuts on two of the bolts,but got around that by fixing a piece of rag in the 10mm socket before offering up to nut then applied a gentle pulling pressue and the nuts unscrewed ok.

Foam strip and washer attached as is the black Badge.

i stuck a piece of duct tape over any unused holes just incase of water leaks.just being over fussy.

So all ready to complete on Saturday.

Thanks for the Advice Fester very grateful for the help.

SEE POST ABOVE. Could not wait till Saturday so went out to garage and fitted spoiler.pretty straight foreward.

The list of parts with the spoiler and Toyota Tec instructions show as there should be spring washers to go with fitting bolts.mine are plain washers

Toyota Tec instructions show adhesive pads to be fitted. part No TSA 4651, there were none in the fitting kit with my spoiler nor are listed in the list of contents with it.(It could only happen to me).

I dont know if they foam or plain just to cover unused holes in the hatch after removing original spoiler,if they are the later, well ive sorted that already.

ive left the platic cover of so i can check if spoiler settls a bit and tighten the bolts a bit more.

when slamming the hatch,which i dont normly do, there ie no sign the spoiler trembling or whatever as one member complained about.

Never found what needed cutting, strange.

Thanks again to Fester.

Hi i dont understand the question re the percentage

How dark is the tint?

By percentage, for example if it's a 50% tint it is 50% dark and lets through 50% light.

If it's 70% dark, it lets through 30% light.

drivenautoworkswindowti.jpg

Just thinking about the spoiler fitting. Original is secured by 4 studs with nuts plus 3 clips. the centre clip is much stronger than the other 2.. The new one is secured by 4 cap bolts only,that is no additional clips yet it is at least twice as heavy as what it replaces.

Strange.