Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Pedal Noises!?!

pattojones

I have a 58 plate (Feb '09) Verso T-Spirit.

The clutch pedal has been 'creaking/squeaking' when i press it down for a while, but it is now getting more noticable (i think).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Mine used to do this. If you look behind the clutch pedal, there is a rod that goes through a rubber grommet in the bulkhead. When the pedal is pressed, this rod travels through this rubber grommet and causes the creaking noise You can use WD-40 for instant quietness, but it does tend to come back. I imagine using some sort of grease would last longer.

If it is the rubber causing the noise then try spraying Simoniz BACK TO BLACK on it.

very good for anything plastic thats not smooth in operation.like ashtrays and cupholders.

its meant for cleaning things like vinyl bumpers and wing mirrors or any plastic of any colour..

Dont do as i did once and got some on our kitchen vinyl floor covering and it turned it into a ice rink. wife was not to pleased when she found herself doing a triople axle across the kitchen.

• 2 months later...

Seems to be solved with motorcycle chain lube as WD40 and silicon spray were too 'thin'.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for this - mine creaks when pressed too! I'll give my rubber grommet/shaft a spray!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links