Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Yaris Rear Lights

Carryduff

Hi, just bought a 2010 Yaris a few months ago and I know there's probably a logical explanation but why is there only one rear fog light and only one reversing light? surely it would make more sense to have two of each.

I should think the main reason is simply cost; although space (ie. size of the lamp clusters) is possibly another factor.

I should think the main reason is simply cost; although space (ie. size of the lamp clusters) is possibly another factor.

I agree, but it goes further. Heavier duty wiring, relay, switch, fuse etc. all adds to the cost. I am firmly of the opinion however that two rear foglights should be mandatory on the grounds of safety. With older cars which had a separate fog light I used to buy and fit a left hand drive one to complement the standard one. The new Yaris does have two reversing lights but I think that is down to the fact that it has a reversing camera. However I have managed to drive for nearly sixty years without all these gadgets I simply do not know!

I am firmly of the opinion however that two rear foglights should be mandatory on the grounds of safety.

I think think that on the grounds of safety they should be got rid of now (and front fogs too).

For the amount of time that they are switched on 1% is providing a slightly increased visible distance behind; 99% they are dazzling other drivers, making them 'annoyed' and/or masking the brake lights on the offending vehicle thus increasing the chance of a shunt (though a lot of drivers seem not to understand what a brake light means anyway).

When they were introduced traffic was relatively light and there were occasions that they were of value, but these days there are few times when someone is not already following you and they are just devaluing your brake lights.

However I have managed to drive for nearly sixty years without all these gadgets I simply do not know!

I have not driven for quite as long as "nearly sixty" years but "nearly fifty". :-(

With age comes declining eyesight, stiff necks **etc.. I find when reversing I need all the help I can get! :-)

** so far my mind seems ok but my nurse says otherwise..:-)