Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just A Note To Say Thanks

gjpmp3

Just a note to say thanks to all on here (too many to mention) for your invaluable advice and tips.

I have recently purchased a 2006 VVTi auto XT4 with protection pack (collected 02/09/12) and have used the information on this forum extensively for the mods and for the few issues I have had since we collected the Rav.

The issues we have had are:

- o/s/f and o/s/r bumper protection missing following paint touch-up by dealer prior to vehicle being offered for sale - dealer supplied and fitted

- abs light coming on - brake switch replaced by dealer

- drivers door courtesy light not coming on (therefore no warning if lights left on or key left in ignition) - door switch replaced by dealer

- knocking from steering when turning steering wheel - steering intermediate shaft replaced by dealer

I am still wondering whether to take it back to have a slight transmission whine looked at. There is a TSB for this but I can only find the US and Canadian ones.

The following mods have been carried out:

- boot liner (dealer fitted)

- ipod connector (dealer fitted)

- mudflaps (self)

- rear door check strap (self)

- brodit iPhone bracket (self)

- additional boot lighting (2 x 6 led self adhesive strips - self)

- cruise control (self)

- led side light bulbs (self)

- ring xenon max dipped beam bulbs (self)

I think the next (and possibly last) mod will be glovebox lighting.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all.

G

I am sure the experts on here are too modest to reply to this,so here goes.

Some times they take the trouble to help other members and then they are not given the satisfaction of knowing if their reply helped.and I know they don't do it for glory and applause,but it surely must give a feeling of satisfaction to know they have helped out someone in trouble.

They are only human after all but the sum total of all their accumulative knowedge is fantastic.

I think I can safely say that your thanks are noted and appreciated by them

A really impressive list of things sorted and upgraded . . . The thanks and the feedback really are welcome!

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure the experts on here are too modest to reply to this,so here goes.

Some times they take the trouble to help other members and then they are not given the satisfaction of knowing if their reply helped.and I know they don't do it for glory and applause,but it surely must give a feeling of satisfaction to know they have helped out someone in trouble.

They are only human after all but the sum total of all their accumulative knowedge is fantastic.

I think I can safely say that your thanks are noted and appreciated by them

Shucks.... can I quote you when you say "they are only human" ? I thoughts Ancs was a cross breed between a mechanic and a Delta Diesel engine?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links