Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps, Help Required

So in a moment of madness I ordered some front mud flaps and borrowed a Dremel from a mate, who hasn't used it since he brought it (so he was no help) and offered up the flap to the car and drew the cuts required, so far so good, unfortunately I made a complete hash of it.

I am beginning to dislike these sidesteps.... Can anyone offer any tips.

Gus

Somebody did a neat job and posted some pics. Might have been Charlie???

.....and I will await the next visit North of Hoovie, one of the nicest people in the world, so that I can remove his front fludmaps and use them as a template.

Thereafter, should the most knowledgable person in the world about all things Touch and Go require to copy, I will send them down (mine....not Hooveez....) in order that he too may copy his to fit, albeit it sounds like he will require to buy another pair.

Platitudes...who me.....?

Big Kev

One slight complication .... The SR150 has the over fenders, so while my adapted ones will go straight onto Kevs new Beast (and more then happy to have you use them as a template, BK :) ), the XT-R has different flaps as no over fenders, so a DIRECT copy from SR Flaps to XT-R flaps won't work

Gus, I am heading south in a weeks time and will be in your locality on the 3rd & 4th November, so i could maybe have a look then? I won't have my RAV with me, but I could take off the flaps and bring them down with me and use them as a guide (but does sound like you will need to buy a new front set?)

If you could it would be most appreciated David, about time we met up as we have had quite a few misses, I would like to get them on before winter comes a calling mainly before the grit gets spread, I wasnt too sure about if they where different parts or not, the Part No for the XT-R is PZ416-X0960-00, shame they dont make a set moulded to go round the side steps.

Better get some ordered today then :-)

Gus

If you guys ever come across a sketch/drawing of said profile of mudflaps (might be one on Toyota tech doc site ? ) let me

know.I will get a set of hard templates machined which you can pass between members when required.

If you guys ever come across a sketch/drawing of said profile of mudflaps (might be one on Toyota tech doc site ? ) let me

know.I will get a set of hard templates machined which you can pass between members when required.

Stoater Dave min.....good on ya Hoovie.....best you meet Gus as discussed.....he's not getting any younger.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Stoater Dave min.....good on ya Hoovie.....best you meet Gus as discussed.....he's not getting any younger.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

EDITATION : If Kingo can mega discount anurra set of fronts, these could be CUT CORRECTLY and spray painted against a background and the hard templates made therefrom.....? See.....not styoopid after oll.....

Them Dremel things are nasty little things if you are not careful, almost lost something I would prefer not too, brill idea Dave about the template, trouble is these little devils are 3D and curve in various directions that was my main problem, as I was cutting it from a paper copy so a template may have to be made from the actual cut mudflap rather than a bit of paper (more than happy to be corrected as I am not a good machinist - think you have worked that out).

Gus

edit: I have a spare right hand side mud flap - untouched for a XT-R

My Original plan was to 'create' a flap in plasticard and make a template with the cuts that way, then transfer it to the real flap, but found - as Gus mentioned and found himself - that the 3D shape is tricky and in the end I just took my time cutting and trimming and more trimming until it looked ok.

FWIW, I did the passenger side one first (chose that side as if it went bad, be less likely to see it so much!) and then learnt from that when I did the drivers side, so there is a subtle difference between the two, though not visible (mentioning this now, Gus, so you may want to remind me when you see the two before we cut yours!)

Just ordered a new set, should be here Wednesday.. but it means I have a spare offside mudflap (Untouched) and a slightly bodged nearside for us to experiment with. Many thanks for you help with this David. :crutchy:

Gus