Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Disconnection

richteex

Well blow me over with a feather, every single car ive ever had has had a Battery always with one terminal easily disconnected with a lever type action. Needed to disconect the Battery on my 2.2 today and OMG both terminal connections seem to be bolted down as though they would never need to be removed ever.

I love this car but...... or am i missing something here, what a really bad design fault toyota!!!!

Not expecting anyone to reply just having a rant

Rich

Most cars have the nut/bolt type fitting. you could once buy lever type to replace these.

I think ive got a conversion kit somewhere in my garage for earlier Fords The pack never been opened.

IMG_0735-1.jpg

Found up this lever type Battery post connectors. sadly Hermetite have gone out of business.Their jointing compounds were very populer.

As can be seen these connectors were for a Ford sguare type Battery terminal posts,which i in my opinion are more user friendly than the round taper type that most cars have.

very easy to add a additional connector to these types of post.

Have this pack for over 25 years and its never even been opened.

If anyone has a use for this pack they can have free and i will post it to them.

OMG both terminal connections seem to be bolted down as though they would never need to be removed ever.

Good heavans! Battery terminals bolted down to ensure a proper connection and not left loose to cause problems? Whatever next :rolleyes:

Come on Toyota, get a grip! (get it get it???) never mind

Kingo :thumbsup:

Whilst thinking about Battery terminal connectionc and disconnections i remenbered i had a Battery terminal isolater somewhere amongst the loads of bits and pieces ive accumulated over the years, so i had a hunt about and found this Lucas isolater. Its brand new but a bit grubby but will clean up ok.

Had a look under the bonnetof my Auris to see if i could fit it. The earth cable from thr batt to the chassis is pretty short and easy to play with. If i do fit it i dont want to drilln into any metal bodywork but just to the right of the plastic cover for the batt is the rest of the plastic cover and there is room to fit it there without the bonnet fouling it when its closed.

Its one one of those jobs that i may get around to.

In my hunt for the isolattor i came across many brand new tools still in their packets this includeds 5 pairs of sidecutters of various sizes,cant remember where i 'obtained' them.

IMG_0736.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links