Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Remote Key Transponder

Cyker

I'm about to try and get a new remote transponder for my Yaris from eBay but I need some halp!

From what I've read here, it would seem there are two types - Denso and Valeo; Is that right?

How would I got about telling which one is which?

Is it a simple case of Made in France = Valeo and Made in Japan = Denso or...?

Mine has a CE0122 on it, but I've only spotted ones with CE0123 and CE0167 on eBay so far.

Is it safe to assume that a Valeo keyblade comes with a Valeo transponder and a Denso keyblade a Denso transponder?

Gaaah, it turns out there is a third! Tokai Rika!

And they seem annoyingly rare and expensive compared to the Valeo and Denso ones :crybaby:

Okay! Making some progress; Have located a suitable transponder and installed into a new flip key.

Flip key has been cut and can open the doors and turn the ignition. :yahoo:

However, transponder is another matter!

Following the instructions on this post: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85266

I was able to program the transponder to lock and unlock the doors! Super! :yahoo:

BUT!!I can't get the :censor: immobilizer to code! :crybaby:

What exactly is supposed to happen when you do it?

Black Key

---------------

Obtain 1 Programmed black Key

Insert programmed black key into ignition

Within 15 sec, press and release accelerator pedal 5 times

within 20 Sec

Press and release brake pedal 6 times

remove black key.

Within 10 seconds, insert black key to be programmed into ignition

Within 10 sec, press and release accelerator once

Immobilizer warning lamp will flash

After 1 min immobilizer lamp will go off

If programming another key

Within 10 seconds, insert black key to be programmed into ignition

Within 10 sec, press and release accelerator once

Immobilizer warning lamp will flash

Max 7 black keys

To exit programming mode, remove ignition key and press brake pedal at lease once within 10 sec or wait 10 sec

That is what I followed; However, at the step that it says the "immobilizer warning lamp will flash", I am confused because throughout the process the immobilizer lamp is flashing!

Is it supposed to not be flashing at some point after you put in the old/programmed key but not the new one?

With some testing, the only time the light goes out is if I turn the old key to On, but if I turn it back to Off the light will eventually start blinking again.

My gut thinks that these might not be the right instructions for a Mk1 54-plate D4D Yaris... :unsure:

Edit: Added missing linefeeds! :unsure:

Gave up, taken it to an autolocksmith. Stumped them too! Apparently my immobiliser isn't behaving properly - The SECURITY lamp should stop blinking when a proper key is inserted, but on mine it only goes out once the engine is started.

It was quite funny because they tried all the same accelerator/brake tricks I'd tried from here, but when that didn't work they started bringing in all sorts of stuff, but apparently none of their gear could talk to the ECU or whatever :(

They came up with a great bodge tho' - They have just cloned my key's immobiliser code into an RFID and glued it inside the flipkey (As there is a lot of empty space!). Car now starts! :yahoo:

Thanks for keeping us upto date with this as it may help others at a later date using the search function. I'm just sorry that no one on this forum has been able to help. Thanks once again!