Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Sizes

ruwan 68

Hi

I got a 57 reg prius T3 and after yesterday service found needs to replace front tyres, so mine is 195 55 16 and just wonering is that the only size i can replace with??? And also i could'nt find the wheel nut lock key any one knows where i can buy one?????

Tnx.

Welcome in to the TOC.

If the locking wheel nuts are OEM, then Toyota maybe able to help, if not there are soem tools you can use to remove it.

well finally i found the locking wheel nut key in my tool box no worries about that now. what about the tyre sizes???

Not sure what you mean about "what size can I replace with" Are you thinking of larger tyres, wider tyres, smaller???

Kingo :thumbsup:

well some one said i can go up to 205 width but cannot change anything else profile etc!!!

tnx

It depends on the width of the rim, a wider tyre will usually be more expensive, have less contact patch on the road (less grip, especially when wet / snow etc) Is there a specific reason you want to go to 205?

It depends on the width of the rim, a wider tyre will usually be more expensive, have less contact patch on the road (less grip, especially when wet / snow etc) Is there a specific reason you want to go to 205? Prius use low rolling resistance tyres to get best MPG, putting wider tyres on defeats the object to be honest