Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knackered Suspension

Titto

hey titto, been about just saving to get the car on the road, coming here makes me spend money on mods, when i should be saving for labour charges :blink: .

rico the springs you bid on were my old ones you should have mailed me!

my plan now is to get the engine rebuilt but just head with the metal gastket ARP bolts, pullys etc, if the head didn't need a skim i'd do it myself. unless some one can point me in the direction of someone that'll skim with the valves etc in place.

I'm still waiting for my LSD in the post. want the car to be a track day beast!

have you seen my toy collection B)

mods.JPG

also have to add to that short shift kit, LSD and pillow ball top mounts......

see i shouldn't come here, my car has been off the road since november!!!!! i keep buying mods, i really need a good garage and to pay minimal labour, Millway still looks best.

Rico, ive posted Pizza boy re the springs, i'll let you know either way what i do!

Steve, what effect will the metal head gasket have with those other toys??? Oh almost forgot, that oil catch thing too - whats that do?

Cheers

Adam

metal head gasket is for peace of mind as my gasket went at combe, as the head needs a skim the metal one is slightly thicker to keep compression ratio the same, and of course combined with the ARP studs should make it impossible to blow again. Catch can reduces intake temperatures. :D

Right, back on topic.... Ive received the following response from Fensport

Bilstein Front Bilstein Sport high pressure gas - complete Front strut £131.00 (Each)

Bilstein Rear Bilstein Sport high pressure gas - complete Rear strut £131.00 (Each)

Sports Spring Kits Progressive Wound Coil Springs ideal for Fast Road use - Excellent ride quality - A complete set of 4 rated at +20% Stiffer and -30mm riding height drop £105.00 (Early Spec MR2)

Sports Spring Kits Progressive Wound Coil Springs ideal for Fast Road use - Excellent ride quality - A complete set of 4 rated at +20% stiffer and - 40mm riding height drop £115.00 (Early Spec MR2)

These will work well together.

UK & EU Customers Please add vat @ 17.5%

Regards

Tony

Official website

www.fensport.co.uk

Which confirms that this would indeed be a good setup.

I drove a mates mr2 t'other day and it rides so much better than mine. Although it had 14" rims and mines got 17" rims, i dont believe thats whats causing my ride to be so harsh.

Lets presume the suspension is <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed, and i need it replacing - Do i:-

1) Get these from mtte?

CUSCO

USED

PRODUCT:

SW20 COMP S COILOVERS

COMMENTS:

CUSCO COMPETITION S COILOVER KIT. HARDLY USED. IN VERY GOOD CONDITION.

PRICE:

£479

(excludes delivery where applicable)

They are on the stock page about 3/4 way down...

Or

2) Get some new stock ones from Mr T?

3) Try and get some from somewhere else in used condition???

ALSO: is there any other things that should be replaced on a 12 year old car when doing the suspension - i've heard bushes mentioned before? Any ideas folks???

Basically, the ride is exceptionally harsh and you can feel every single bump - sometimes you can hear everything bang as it goes over holes etc - i think the suspension must be knackered after this long so pleaaaaasssseeee help me!!!

Cheers

Adam

Hey blokey, I ordered some susp for my car last week, I ordered a Spax Top Adj. susp kit, the shox are top adjustable front and rear, and the springs are 40 mm lower all round. The cost was 429 squid.

alrite fellas i rem lookin for a setup wen i first got my 2, can't rem who but some1 recommended these guys : http://www.whiteline.com.au/

I still havent got round to doing it yet, but i'm in the same pickle as titto, wanna replace the worn suspension stuff. labour costs keep puttin me off, but i really think the bushes / shocks need replacin!

-Z

Whiteline gear...used some of there springs in my FIRST car...a 1984 VK commodore wagon, ahhhh...brings back memorys, lowered on 16" TSW Alpines, FULL 5% tints, de-badged, roof racks removed, exhaust...the list goes on. Anyway the commodore boys use a lot of there gear :)

Hey tell me this.....just out of intrest how do the Bilstein Sport shocks differ from the FACTORY Bilstein shocks?

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ah, tell me more - where from?

Hey Titto, ok the shop I got my susp kit is called Edge Performance, They in Ash Vale, Hampshire. This is their fone number- 01252-331888. Again, the kit I ordered was Spax Top Adjustable Shocks AND Spring kit. The front AND rear shocks are adjustable. The springs give a 40 mm drop. Priced 429 pounds. Ask for Steve or Jake.

Thanks! Will give both them and fennsport a ring and weigh up both the blisteins and the spax...cheers guys!

Thanks! Will give both them and fennsport a ring and weigh up both the blisteins and the spax...cheers guys!

Okey dokey,np.

:thumbsup: Ive been following this thread as i have the same problem as Titto.. I found no difference when upgrading from 15" - 17" the suspension is really bumpy with both.. and when you hit a drain or hole it makes a huge clunk! :ffs: I have been unsure what to change as the ride is so bad! :help: I hope someone adds a sucessful thread once they have sorted there suspension out and i will do the same! :thumbsup:

I look forward to the results! B)

bibbs who told you u cant buy billies anymore?

i just had my tubby repaired (2 months ago) at my insurance companies approved centre, and they purchased a brand new drivers side rear bilstein from mr t (montys - sheffield). ive checked and it is the correct bilstein for my tubby.

a 4 wheel alignment at the same time showed that my front drivers camber is wrong and likely to be a bent shock. i phoned mr t (gordon lamb - sheffield) only 3 weeks ago and they quoted me about £180ish plus vat for one.

now i dont wanna pay that, but it does seem that my local mr t's can get em.

monty's 0114 2855558

gordon lamb 0114 2508855

hth :thumbsup:

mate, its knackered, still could be worse, ur head gasket could be going. i think its just ur 17's, and when i have the money I will gladly take them off ur hands. :thumbsup:

I've got a couple of options now...buy pizza boys springs (from a turbo mr2) and buy some spax or blistein shocks...will the springs be ok on those shocks???

Or i can get new springs and shocks?

What the hell do i do???

Ask the experts - call Fensport and see if they will work together and whether turbo springs will fit an N.A. They should do, but check to be sure.

Lost one of my front shocks to a carelessly placed housebrick on the weekend.... would like to know who left that one on a quiet country road :censor:

Now that's just a really good excuse for me to get koni's on the car before Japfest. Will be good to see how my lil mk1 does with those on board. £372 for the lot (sports kit, 4 top adjustable struts and 4 springs w 30 mil drop,) B)

Must be the season for dead suspension.

Right - had the 15" rims fitted yesterday and some new rubber...the feeling is sooooo different now. The car still definately needs new shocks and my mate reckons me and him can do the work on his driveway! So i will be ordering some nice new spax or blistein soon...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links