Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4 Year Service, What's Included

twixer1

Hi all, can anyone tell me whats included in the 4 year service for 1300 stop/start auris, and if possible how much would I expect to pay.

Kind regards....

From the details in my service & warranty book, it would be a full service plus: 1) change of air filter (every 4 years or 40,000 miles whichever occurs sooner); 2) change of spark plugs (if not platinum or iridium); 3) change of manual gearbox oil/auto transmission fluid.

Fixed Price Servicing cost £199 for full service plus whichever of the above 3 items need doing.

£129 is the cost for the intermediate service

Intermediate £129, Full £199, Full + £269

To check what you get visit the TOYOTA website

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

On this subject of servicing - what are thoughts please on the 4 services plan paid monthly? My quote last year was £20 a month with £45 to pay up front ..wish I had taken that out.. now its £67 up front and £23 a month.. it does seem like a good deal with nothing more to pay for on my services for the next 4 services.. my next service will be the big 60k next year and I was told that it willbe a biggie.. any thoughts either way .. for or against the plan vs paying as and when would be good to know so that I can make up my mind about this.. thanking you in anticipation! :-)

Over how many months? Sounds a silly question, but with my previous Auris, for the 2 year servicing plan, the monthly payments were spread over 20 months (rather than 24).

Hi FB....I would start paying it now and then it would pick up my 1st of 4 in November 2013 - which would be the full+ service at 60k, the 70k is Intermed in 2014.. 3rd one in 2015 at 80k is full and the final one at 90k is intermed. .. 40 monthly payments. Or pay £1009 up front..

Using Kingo's prices above the 4 services come out at £726 (1 at £269, 2 at £129 and 1 at £199). Does your dealer offer the Toyota Fixed Price Servicing - which is what these costs are based on? Does the plan include the cost of MOT's or any additional work?

If not, it seems expensive to me.

Hi FB.. no MOT will not be included.. this is just the service itself .. hmmm on that basis it does seem a lot .. also I was thinking that if I start the plan now they will have a chunk of my money on account for a year before I actually need it.. so I may as well just put that amounnt of money into a savings account every month .. Mind you that figure of £726 is minus VAT isn't it? My dealer does do fixed price servicing...they did advise though that you get a discount on tyres ..about 10-15% .. but are their tyres more pricey than a local place would be? My local garage where I have taken all my cars over the past 23 years are pretty competitive on price and always willing to look at jobs and tell you what is essential to do and what can be left for a bit.. they have a tyre sales place next door .. the prices there seem as good as anywhere.

No it is including VAT. More detail on the fixed price servicing can be found on the Toyota website - look under 'owners, and then 'servicing'.

The last service I had on my Auris was an intermediate and cost just the 129 pounds (MOT test was, I think, an additional 55).

As regards tyres, I asked my dealer for a price on two new tyres and they weren't too badly priced. Although I could probably have got them cheaper using someone like Blackcircles (www.blackcircles.com) who have a wider range, and where you can order them online for a 'fitted' price, and choose which of their tyre fitting firms is most suitable/local for you.

You're right about the fact that you're paying well in advance for next year's service. The cost of the service plan, when paid by instalments, is 987 pounds (67 upfront and 40 X 23).

Would they do a service plan based on the Fixed Price Servicing?? I'd be inclined to go back to them with the above costs I outlined and ask them to revisit the plan and base it on the Toyota Fixed Price Servicing.

If they don't re-work the servicing plan, you could stick to the Fixed Price Servicing, and religiously some money into a separate account (forget the advance payment and put something like 25 pounds per month away for 40 months - total 1000 over the period). This could provide enough for your MOT tests as well (but of course not enough to cover remedial work if the car failed its MOT). The one drawback with this is that you won't have quite enough to cover the full cost of your next service (60,000 miles) and MOT by the time it is due.

Don't forget that servicing plans only cover the cost of the services. Any additional work (eg new brake pads, etc) will be extra. Although Toyota also do a small range of repairs at fixed prices as well (eg, new brake pads, new brake pads and discs, etc). So whether or not you take out a servicing plan, there may well be other costs over the four years.

Let us know what you decide.