Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Has Changed.

roger_37

just changed from my summer tyres to my winter at s/yokohs+steel rims.

how many more members have done the same?.

The UK car has so far coped ok, so I won't be changing. Here in Spain, winter tyres, NO chance, tee hee!! :driving:

I tried that on my previous RAV: steel rims and knobbly tyres. The handling and noise were not very good and fuel consumption went up, too. I have since found that I can get by very well indeed with the normal Geolandars: they perform surprisingly well even in pretty severe winter conditions, and I used to encounter plenty of those in the north of Scotland. Saves hassle, and saves worrying about when to do the swap, too!

The car I had a loan of for weeks in Canada had winter tyres the lady was just trying to run out, as she inteneded selling the car.

They made a strange noise on the 80 degree plus tarmac, but boy did they hold the road....!!! (Honda Accord 3 litre of 2002 vintage....lovely car.)

I have never driven here on winter tyres before, and still have my doubts, but when afficianadocators like Marsky and now Anchorchap opt for them, theremay be something in it,

Didn't realise NMaria was of God's chosen race up here.....if not needed "up North", that's good enough for me. In nearly 40 years of Sales career, never got stuck. Now in retirefulness, can just say...."no gaun oot in that...." and watch the telly !!!!

I tried that on my previous RAV: steel rims and knobbly tyres. The handling and noise were not very good and fuel consumption went up, too. I have since found that I can get by very well indeed with the normal Geolandars: they perform surprisingly well even in pretty severe winter conditions, and I used to encounter plenty of those in the north of Scotland. Saves hassle, and saves worrying about when to do the swap, too!

i just changed to all terrain tyres,you can use these all year round,

tbh as quiet and better grip than the summer tyres.

Are you using the alloy wheel nuts Martin?

no im using steel wheel nuts ... you should not use alloy nuts on steel wheels,

not recommended.

I just run my Vredestein Wintrac Xtremes (fantastic tyre) all year round, have done for last couple of years, they last around 35k miles so I'm happy with that from a winter tyre.