Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Needs Buying Advice Fast On Celica Vvtli T Sport

AZ_Supra_Girl

Just joined as I needed advice on VVTLi T Celica as I am considering purchase but my forum posts have not been answered and I need help fast.

I am a Celica collector and have owned many models from gen 1- gen 6 but never a gen 7. I recently drove 2 different 2001 Gen 7 VVTLI T Sport and had serious problems changing gears. They didn't shift smoothly at all and I had a hard time gtting into 3rd especially, I am sure both clutches were OK. Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with Gen 7's? Are there any other major issues or problems with Gen 7 I should be aware of in the 190 engine?

I need to decide whether to buy this weekend or keep my old 1991 Celica GT instead (very hard decision). I will soon need timing belt, clutch and exaust so will cost a bit to do it up. I love all the old celica's and not sure if gen 7 is better.

Any answers appreciated exspecially if you own a VVTLi T Sport or have owned one and had problems.

Hi and welcome.See you have posted your questions on Celica forum. sure you will get further help. but these forums are a lot quieter at the weekends which is no help to you.

As this Forum is for introductions only dont expect much i the way of advice.on here.

Good luck.

Welcome into the club, personally if a car had a problem changing gear I would walk away from buying it..

Thanks for the responces. Yes I agree but not sure if it's really a gear problem with this model or a case of me getting used to a different gearbox that's reverse is on opposite side.