Do Not Sell My Personal Information

0-20W Engine Oil - Where To Buy?

duncanda

I need to top up my engine oil, with less than a litre, and went to the local Toyota dealer to buy some. Unfortunately they didn't have 1 litre bottles, so offered 5 litres for the sum of £62.50 + VAT. I expected a high price, but this is incredibly high. Given that the Prius has been on sale for some time, I'm surprised that equivalent oil from Shell, Mobil, etc. isn't readily available. Where do Prius owners get their oil from?

...or Amazon UK marketplace (SHIPPING IS FREE to England,Wales and Parts of Scotland..)

Mobil 1 0W-20 Synthetic Engine Oil 1 Litre

Price:

£14.89

You can also get it from the dealers, about £18+ vat I think, special order in as we don't sell many 0/20w top ups

Alex

I need to top up my engine oil, with less than a litre, and went to the local Toyota dealer to buy some. Unfortunately they didn't have 1 litre bottles, so offered 5 litres for the sum of £62.50 + VAT. I expected a high price, but this is incredibly high. Given that the Prius has been on sale for some time, I'm surprised that equivalent oil from Shell, Mobil, etc. isn't readily available. Where do Prius owners get their oil from?

Why do you need to to top up your Avensis oil with Prius/ Auris HSD oil - wires crossed here maybe??

Hi Terry953. I have to update my profile. I had an Avensis but got a Prius in June. Must say that the 2003 Avensis has a better quality interior and more solid feel than my 2012 Prius. However the Prius achieves double the indicated mpg than the Avensis indicated.