Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nrg Grounding Wire Kit And Voltage Stabilizer For The Iq

surfcitylocal

I installed the NRG Innovations Ground Wire Kit and Voltage Stabilizer today on the iQ. Easy to install and it looks great as well.

DSCN2187.jpg

DSCN2198.jpg

DSCN2199.jpg

I haven't had a chance to test out the products yet but I'll post up when I try them out.

Here is the NRG Voltage Stabilizer. Two wires are all there is to the installation. One on the + side of the Battery and the other to the body ground. Super simple.

DSCN2195.jpg

DSCN2197.jpg

DSCN2196.jpg

I also added some NRG Red Fender Washers, they don't improve the performance at all but they sure look nice...

DSCN2201.jpg

DSCN2202.jpg

What happened to your wipers? It's beginning to look like a modded Supra engine bay under there. Like the colour though and I agree, those 'fender/bumper' washers look good, far better than a regular old Mr. T. version. If you're going to do some modding, do it right. So Taz, when are you going to call it a day? And another thing, how do you keep your car so clean? It's like you never use it, and we know that ain't true. Come on, spill.

What happened to your wipers? It's beginning to look like a modded Supra engine bay under there. Like the colour though and I agree, those 'fender/bumper' washers look good, far better than a regular old Mr. T. version. If you're going to do some modding, do it right. So Taz, when are you going to call it a day? And another thing, how do you keep your car so clean? It's like you never use it, and we know that ain't true. Come on, spill.

I don't use my iQ as a daily driver so I don't need the wipers. It has only been driven in the rain once to a car show. I have had the iQ since December of 2011 and it has 7,000 miles on it. I try to drive it once a week to work and sometimes the wife and I use it when we go out on the weekends. Since this is the first year for the iQ in the States I've used it mostly as a show car. Kind of like a hobby. Most of the time she just sits in the garage protected from the elements.

I ran something like this earthing kit on my old Subaru and RX-7, it helped smooth out the idle.

Fish

Not sure I understand how that works. How are the multiple earth leads better that the chassis/body earthing?

And if I was to fit it to my iQ what difference/benefits would I see?

As Dan pointed out the idle should be more stable and there should be less fluctuation in the electrical system. Reading on forums about this item people have posted that there is less headlight flutter.

Plus, it looks darn cool. =)

Soeley, most cars coming out of Japan come with minimum spec wiring. Adding some extra earthing points somehow smooth's things out.

Fish

As Dan pointed out the idle should be more stable and there should be less fluctuation in the electrical system. Reading on forums about this item people have posted that there is less headlight flutter.

Plus, it looks darn cool. =)

I agree it does look good under the bonnet (hood), but can't say I have ever noticed any problem with tickover or anything else. I suppose one car could vary from another depending on how clean the earth points are when assembled and how well they stay corrosion free.

I suppose one thing to do is undo, clean and copper grease the earth points?

Did a little experiment today, I connected an oscilloscope at various points between negative Battery terminal and known live points. Across the Battery, under different conditions Headlights on, main beam, Radio, Brakes, The worst case i could find was 5mv a/c ripple.Same experiment ,this time from chassis earth 5.1mv. Worst case anywhere between chassis and known positives, was 6mv. That isn't high enough to to be visually seen in the lighting with the naked eye. Running my Wi-Fi OB2 socket diagnostics, my idle was 877 rpm and was all but constant. even a change of 5% (by touching the throttle) was not visible on the iQ's analogue display and no audible note change in the engine. So not sure of the benefits to iQ owners.

The manufactures say it may be advisable to use the product if you have had a engine change as the earth"s are not always guaranteed

Hey looks good though nice and Red

david