Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.4 07 Reg, Side Mirror Cracked, Where To Buy Replacement - Main

apples69

I have a Yaris 1.4d on 07 reg, the driver side, side mirror glass was hit whilst the car was parked by another car and has cracked, i need a replacement asap

is the glass on the car heated or not - i can't find anything in the handbook?

toyota main dealer have said £30 inc vat

andrew page £15 inc vat

Can anyone advise where to buy a replacement glass that looks identical to main dealers or is it best to buy from main dealer?

i live in leeds west yorkshire so if anyone can advise where to buy

£ 30 from the main dealer is not a bad price to pay to ensure that you get the correct part for your car.

You could ask Parts-King on here as he is a TOC approved Toyota Parts Manager and he may be able to offer a discount.

Send him a PM with full details of your car........Only problem may be that postage costs might eat into any discount on fairly small cost order......Good Luck :)

Seems a bit steep thought at £30 for just the glass

I will pm parts-king and see if he can help, are his parts genuine from toyota main dealer?

How can you tell if the mirror is heated or not?

£ 30 from the main dealer is not a bad price to pay to ensure that you get the correct part for your car.

You could ask Parts-King on here as he is a TOC approved Toyota Parts Manager and he may be able to offer a discount.

Send him a PM with full details of your car........Only problem may be that postage costs might eat into any discount on fairly small cost order......Good Luck :)

I have a Yaris 1.4d on 07 reg, the driver side, side mirror glass was hit whilst the car was parked by another car and has cracked, i need a replacement asap

is the glass on the car heated or not - i can't find anything in the handbook?

toyota main dealer have said £30 inc vat

andrew page £15 inc vat

Can anyone advise where to buy a replacement glass that looks identical to main dealers or is it best to buy from main dealer?

i live in leeds west yorkshire so if anyone can advise where to buy

It may, or may not be heated. Run the engine and switch on the heated rear window, after a few minutes breathe on the mirror glass, ( the one not broken) and see if the mist clears in lines like the rear window. The glass should also be warm to the touch. If not then obviously the mirror is not heated. My guess would be that the £15 glass is unheated, probably the £30 also! Mirror glasses are expensive but not as expensive as a new mirror. A friend of mine had one fitted to a BMW a short while ago. Over £500!

Regards Geoff Peace.

I ordered a replacment mirror which I received today - its a summit mirror BUT its stick on - which I don't want!

I want the original Toyota side mirror which comes with some kind of housing, which you then just slot into place

I will ring Toyota tommorow and ask them if the side mirror glass they supply comes with some kind of housing that you just then slot into place

I've also pm'd parts-king if he can help, need mirror asap, been a week since its been cracked

I ordered a replacment mirror which I received today - its a summit mirror BUT its stick on - which I don't want!

I want the original Toyota side mirror which comes with some kind of housing, which you then just slot into place

I will ring Toyota tommorow and ask them if the side mirror glass they supply comes with some kind of housing that you just then slot into place

I've also pm'd parts-king if he can help, need mirror asap, been a week since its been cracked

The original has a circular 'claw' attached to the back and it clips into place. To remove the glass tip the mirror glass so that the lower edge is as far out of the housing as possible and the top as far into the housing as possible. Then you need a flat blade wrapped with insulation tape, so as not to damage the paint, insert behind the glass and lever outward. A smear of silicone grease on the 'claw' of the new glass will assist in replacement. Good Luck.

Regards Geoff Peace.