Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yo Y'all! My Celica Got A Rattle.

NorbyG

I’m getting a rattling noise at the rear of my generation 7 Celica. When car is driven over any small and large cracks, holes or bump in road the rattling can be heard, but on smooth surface it’s not noticeable. I've taken absolutely everything out of boot , including all plastic panels; as after listening properly, I noticed the rattling noise is more of a plastic rattle, and not metallic. Also took back seat out to see if anything has been left anywhere by previous owner that could be rattling about – didn’t find anything. Got my mate to sit in the back to find out exactly where rattling is coming from. He said it sounded like it was the tailgate – left side; but we checked it out, inc. spoiler, but couldn’t find anything loose. I noticed the rattling started suddenly (next day or so, after the night) when I hit a hole at a speed bump.

Welcome to TOC.......This could well be the exhaust system heat shields......It is better that you repost your question in the Celica section of the forum as this section is for new members introductions

You will possibly get more answers from other Celica drivers :)