Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Purchasing A Brake Light Switch

Smiler AS

A few times in the last fortnight warning lights popped up, check abs, check brakes, check vsc. I had recently cleaned the EGR valve thoroughly so it was okay. Quick check of pins 4 and 13 and up pops ABS 49, open circuit brake light switch.

For those that have purchased replacement items did you stick with and buy from Toyota OEM item? If so how much? Partsking to the rescue?

Or did you go for a compatible item ie. fleabay?

Cheers Aaron

A few times in the last fortnight warning lights popped up, check abs, check brakes, check vsc. I had recently cleaned the EGR valve thoroughly so it was okay. Quick check of pins 4 and 13 and up pops ABS 49, open circuit brake light switch.

For those that have purchased replacement items did you stick with and buy from Toyota OEM item? If so how much? Partsking to the rescue?

Or did you go for a compatible item ie. fleabay?

Cheers Aaron

Send Parts-King a PM with your car details

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showuser=34014

I take it this is for the 4.3? Only today I fitted a brake light switch. It cost just less than £24 inc VAT (genuine Toyota) with a bit of discount. As an observer said, "it took longer to get it out of the bag than it did to fit it".

The fitted price? £112 + VAT!

Yep, it's on a 4.3 xt5 - must update profile pic soon!

Nah, mate....leave as is....that was (is....?) a lovely car.......lol.

Can I ask, if the hill assist is not working would this be down to the stoplight switch, altho' there is no warning lights showing. This has clutch switch and it did work a couple of times.

Thanks Keith

Afraid it's up in Orkney now, I believe around 120k miles last I heard and just had a new clutch too.

I've to go with diesel now for all cars due to travelling to work, get fuel paid for though - bring back the 180bhp engine!

Can't seem to find a SR180 with same internal spec as a T180?? Ie. leather, sat nav.

The SR180 had few minor revisions over the T180 such as revised EGR valve setup to name one example.

Can I ask, if the hill assist is not working would this be down to the stoplight switch, altho' there is no warning lights showing. This has clutch switch and it did work a couple of times.

Thanks Keith

Hi Keith, I'm not too sure to be honest, il try the hill assist next time lights are on.

Although I had wiggle of the switch and connections on Sat night and hasn't been b ack on yet.

Afraid it's up in Orkney now, I believe around 120k miles last I heard and just had a new clutch too.

I've to go with diesel now for all cars due to travelling to work, get fuel paid for though - bring back the 180bhp engine!

SHOULDA BOUGHT MINE LAST WEEK THEN.....!!!!!! Just also found out that the Chip Kit will be / should be suitable in my week auld SR......really hardly needs it the way the newer 150's are remapped at source.