Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Will Buy Avensis

JAPCAR

I intend to buy diesel Avensis 2004-2006, so I would like to ask some initial questions:

1. Is the face lift November 2005 ?

2.Which of the engines are with cam chain (not belt)?

-2.0 116hp (before facelift)

-2.0 126hp (after facelift)

-2.2 ???hp

3.What does it mean T2, T3....?

4.What depends mainly insurance category of- engine power or liters?

How to check which category is Avensis according to engines?

Thanks

answers to some of your questions.

The new facelifted Toyota Avensis became available in June 2006. Some changes from the old model are the inclusion of turn signals in the side mirrors, an MP3/WMA/ASL-ready audio system, new front bumper, and a new grille. Interior materials and cloth seats have also been changed for 2006. Its multi display with on-board computer will be integrated in optitron display and is navigation ready. Also added are automatic headlights and a height-adjustable front passenger seat.

The most notable mechanical difference is the addition of a 124 bhp (92 kW) D-4D engine. This, coupled to a six-speed manual gearbox, has lowered fuel consumption, emissions, and gives a quoted 0-60 mph time of 10.5 seconds.

[edit]Engines

• 2.0-litre D-4D 1AD-FTV 93 kW (125 hp)
  • 2.2-litre D-4D 2AD-FTV 110 kW (148 hp)
  • 2.2-litre D-4D 2AD-FHV 132 kW (177 hp)

In regards to t2,t3, these are trim/grade levels if you go onto toyota.co.uk click on used cars,along the top click on used cars, drop down menu should appear, click on the one preferred example 2004, then click on avensis hatchback/saloon.

example for the 2004:

please click on the link - http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/04/AV3_63_over.pdf

also it will give you different engines available in that year.

also check this post out http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139173&hl=avensisd4d786#entry1230419

Thanks for the answer.

I realized it's to complicated for me to choose the engine according to my requirements...

I saw there is engine Power 116 ps (85 kW), probably before facelift...I interested of facelift just for gadgets, but is not important.

I prefer engine with no big power, cam chain, no turbo but probably it doesn't exist such set...

I even don't know does it exist Avensis without turbo...

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Avensis 2006, facelift, D-4D, 2.0, probably 126hp. Would you provide me any VIN checker...I even don't know if the engine is with chain or cam belt?

I will be thankful if somebody give me a link to any manual for 2003-2008 Avensios because there still no Haynes manual and the Autodata is no useful...

most probably chain. the older 115bhp d4d 2.0 are belt driven, if its an alloy engine it will be chain, if its cast iron it will be belt.

which trim level did you get I know you wanted one the gadgets.

I personally think the 1cdftv is the pre facelift 2.0 d4d engine.

and was replaced by the 1adftv.

some info i found.

the Toyota CD engine is a 1,995 cc (122 cu in) diesel engine used in the Toyota Corolla, RAV4 and other vehicles. It is a DOHC engine with a bore of 82.2 mm (3.24 in) and stroke of 94.0 mm (3.70 in) with 110 hp (82 kW). The CD Series engines have now largely been replaced by the AD engine. There were two versions: the 1CD-FTV and the more powerful 2CD variant.

AD-FTV

1AD-FTV Manufacturer Toyota Production 2005-present Displacement 1998 cc Cylinder bore 86mm Piston stroke 86mm Compression ratio 15.8:1 Fuel type diesel Power output 126 bhp (94 kW) Torque output 310 N·m (229 lb·ft) at 1600 - 2200 rpm

• Turbocharged

Applications:

My Car is T3-x, there is small trip computer info display in instrument panel, but no big display and navigation...

Yes, 1CD engine is 110hp, and 1AD is 126hp.Probably everything is the same, but bore and stroke.

Because this is my first diesel car I would like to ask if engine oils for diesel and turbo diesel cars are different (general question). I know I need to have a look in User manual for particular oil and interval of change it...

This is what the t3-x consists off

T2

The Avensis range starts with the T

grade with

features that include:

8 speaker audio system with steering wheel

controls

Front grille, body colour with chrome surround

Full colour coded exterior paint

ABS with electronic brake force distribution

Optitron instrumentation

9 airbags (including driver knee airbag)

Adjustable steering column, stepless reach amp;

rake

Multi adjustable front seats, manual

Double locking, remote alarm and engine

immobiliser

Manual air conditioning

Front electric windows

16" steel wheels with full wheelcaps

t3-x

Additional comfort and luxury are applied to the T

to shape the T

3-X

with extra features such as;

Instrument panel and centre console with

metallic effect

Fog lamps, front and rear with automatic

cancelling

Leather steering wheel and gear knob with

leather and metallic effect

Dual zone climate control air conditioning

Rain sensing wipers

Front and rear electric windows

Door inserts with carbon fibre effect

try http://www.eurocarparts.com type in your reg & it will tell you what oil is suitable for your car. Mine uses 5w 30 & every 10,000.if you still unsure refer to your user manual.

Door inserts with carbon fibre effect

What is this?

]

try http://www.eurocarparts.com type in your reg & it will tell you what oil is suitable for your car. Mine uses 5w 30 & every 10,000.if you still unsure refer to your user manual.

Thank you for useful link. It gave me the same- 5W30 synthetic or semi synthetic.Probably synthetic is better.

I thought for this engine, on the oil label should see "For Turbo Diesel"...because I think 5W30 use many petrol engines as well...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links