Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help Identifying This!


Recommended Posts

Hi, I recently bought a 1988 Corolla fx-g and it is not idling very well, when i had a look under the bonnet i found this with the wires cut and the air hose plugged with a screwdriver bit.

Can someone please tell me what this is so i can do some further research into it?

Thanks for any help in advance.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont think it's a MAP sensor - not on a 1998 engine IIRC.

It looks like more like a VSV ( vacuum switching valve ).

Where does the other end of the blanked off vacuum pipe go to - charcoal canister ??


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...