Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lindop Diesel Tuning Kit Vs Dtuk Crd-3 Tuning Kit

proxonic

I've seen here many positiv reviews of Lindop Diesel Tuning Kits.

I found as well DTUK CRD-3 Tuning Kit for my car but didn't find here any opinions about it. It looks like actually germans DTE but is for whatever reason cheaper (and acc. to the guy from DTUK it is the kit produced by DTE in Germany, just under different name for UK).

DTUK

http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/box-details.php?id=12

DTE

http://www.chiptuning.com/car-config-view-product-en0.html?manufacturer=Toyota&model=RAV4&motor=RAV4%20III%202.2%20D-CAT%20177%20PS%2006-09&no_cache=1

any experiences regarding DTUK or DTE kits?

cheers

Thomas

searched through the entire forum and it is there.... i just need to learn how the search function works... or just need a drink..

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138133&hl=dtuk

It's often quicker to do a Google search............

Take a look at the TUNIT boxes to. very good reviews and you can pick up one for around the £100 mark used off eBay...

Take a look at the TUNIT boxes to. very good reviews and you can pick up one for around the £100 mark used off Ebay...

tunit for me has the same quality as racechip, speed-buster, etc, etc.... means... not good.....

only one sensor monitored..... pc based DB25 or DB9 connectors..... no approvals like TÜV....

Take a look at the TUNIT boxes to. very good reviews and you can pick up one for around the £100 mark used off Ebay...

tunit for me has the same quality as racechip, speed-buster, etc, etc.... means... not good.....

only one sensor monitored..... pc based DB25 or DB9 connectors..... no approvals like TÜV....

I've been running 2 Tunit boxes on my cars without any issues. Tbh I don't know a lot about the DB25 or DB9 connectors you've mentioned. All I can say is that I've been very happy with the Tunit product...

DB25 or DB9 are old connectors usually used for old printer connections to the PC, or serial connection - COM.

like those here:

http://www.cablewholesale.com/specs/serial-cable/10d1-02301.htm?utm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=cpc&zmam=54972865&zmas=1&zmac=4&zmap=10D1-02301

those are not water/dust proof (not in this form as used with tunit, speed-buster, racechip, etc). not vibration proof.

I see what you mean now about the connectors! I would have thought that the guys@ Tunit (Dan springs to mind) would have thought about the use of these kinds of connectors for vibration and water/dust proof. But maybe they've not! I don't know to be quite honest.

You mentioned that only 1 sensor monitored? I take it thats the fuel rail? How do the other boxes differ and what other sensors are involved?

Lindop: fuel rail + boost

DTUK, DTE, TMC: fuel rail + boost + camshaft (for Toyotas - without camshaft as it is not needed as far as i know)

Tunit, speedbust, racechip - fuel rail only as far as i know

Thats interesting to know. I might send off an email to Tunit and ask a few questions when I get a moment...

We are running a Lindop kit on ours and have now done around 27,000 miles since it has been fitted with 23,000 of those being on a new engine. The car has not missed a beat and the we get around 40mpg average brimming the fuel tank rather than relying on the trip computer which shows a higher mpg number.

The odd one pops up for sale on here & eBay and in my mind is money well spent for some thing that is tried & tested on the Toyota models & is backed up by Mr Kingo :thumbsup:

We are running a Lindop kit on ours and have now done around 27,000 miles since it has been fitted with 23,000 of those being on a new engine. The car has not missed a beat and the we get around 40mpg average brimming the fuel tank rather than relying on the trip computer which shows a higher mpg number.

The odd one pops up for sale on here & ebay and in my mind is money well spent for some thing that is tried & tested on the Toyota models & is backed up by Mr Kingo :thumbsup:

Cor Far King Stroof,as they say in That London, Martin....did ah just read that right....? 450BHP noo in that wee Honda ....? What's yer handle in That Wales now........Prof Pat Pending....? Wacky Races indeed, min.

Ah can feel a wee visit to relatives in Swansea and Porthcawl coming on.....

Had thought of selling my SR180 chip kit hereon, but Kingo reliably informs me that it should transfer to the new car (SR150) without any problems, or at least certainly no damage. Will wait and do a few "brimmer" tests before infertering. OBC still showing 35/36 on decent runs.....temps about to drop drama tickly up here....we shall see.......

Big Kev

Kev, you read right - 450 bhp with the help of a supercharger, aftercooler, larger injectors, uprated fuel pump, a fully programmable engine management system, a full 2.5" manifold & exhaust system, oh yeah and an uprated clutch to handle all the power.

Just uprated the brakes too last weekend to help me stop from warp speeds :P

There really isn't much difference now between my car and my bike except for one has 2 wheels :lol:

The RAV goes so well with the Kingo chip kit on it - you've got to keep it or if you don't it looks like there is a man waiting to take it off your hands

Kev, you read right - 450 bhp with the help of a supercharger, aftercooler, larger injectors, uprated fuel pump, a fully programmable engine management system, a full 2.5" manifold & exhaust system, oh yeah and an uprated clutch to handle all the power.

Just uprated the brakes too last weekend to help me stop from warp speeds :P

There really isn't much difference now between my car and my bike except for one has 2 wheels :lol:

The RAV goes so well with the Kingo chip kit on it - you've got to keep it or if you don't it looks like there is a man waiting to take it off your hands

Next time ma wife goes on aboot guitars / hi-fi gear / golf gear, I will let her read your car spec, muckerjee.....yer aff yer heid, but God speed (albeit you can probably outpace him now....)

Blue Monster - 'Kev, you read right - 450 bhp with the help of a supercharger, aftercooler, larger injectors, uprated fuel pump, a fully programmable engine management system, a full 2.5" manifold & exhaust system, oh yeah and an uprated clutch to handle all the power.'

Sounds like a monster job from Richard at TTS in Silverstone ?

Uncle Buck - I met up with Richard and had a really good look over his kit as there are a number of S2000's in the UK (mainly members of the owners club) running his s/c set up.

After spending many months of researching both the TTS kit and doing lots of reading on the US side of the S2 owners club (as they are mental running 600 bhp + turbo'd and s/c set up's) I decided to opt to go for a s/c kit (including my clutch) produced by well respected complany by the name of Science of Speed who are based in Arizona. They have been supercharging S2000's & NSX's using Paxton blowers vs Rotrex from TTS for the last 11 years so really know what they are doing and have spent mega money on R&D & their kit is supposed to be bomb proof.

So far so good :thumbsup:

Must give the local traffic police a reason to "play" with their Subaru, eh...?

To be honest Kev, I didn't do it to be a speed merchant. One of the things that is most impressive is the way that it has transformed the car with every day driveability, i.e. the standard S2000 engine only produces 152 ft/ibs of torque where as mine now has 290 so just going from say 40mph to 70mph in 4th/5th or 6th gear on the motorway is effortless.

To be honest Kev, I didn't do it to be a speed merchant. One of the things that is most impressive is the way that it has transformed the car with every day driveability, i.e. the standard S2000 engine only produces 152 ft/ibs of torque where as mine now has 290 so just going from say 40mph to 70mph in 4th/5th or 6th gear on the motorway is effortless.

Euphamistically put, mate...."effortless".....just as well you've got yer own teeth.....falsers would smash yer rear windae with that torque !!!

• 2 years later...

i bought a speed-buster and this has connector for railpressure and also boost !