Do Not Sell My Personal Information

End Of Term Report,t25 2.0 D4D 2008

pauljj

A few observations on my 170,000 of ownership,kept simple

1) yes,my head went,68000,out of warranty,Mr T said no,really yanked my chain,then paid for it all,also replaced waterpump as a precaution

2)front wheel bearings and front discs went about 70000,bit disappointed about the bearings

3)i've replaced two interior(cabin) fans and about ten pollenfilters

4)after about 2 years car wouldn't start on button,about ten seconds of cranking,stop and repeat,always starts then,not glow plugs

5)egr valve needs cleaning at least once a year,car will cut out at tickover if not,still does sometimes anyway

6)that high pitched whine you get sometimes get when you change gear,never had a problem,my clutch and flywheel still haven't been changed so ignore it

7)handbrake has always been rubbish,and yes i do know how to adjust it properly

8)front tyres last about 25,000 miles,rears double that

9)front shock failed 120,000

10)would i buy another one?................i just have, a T27 Auto petrol!

i'm sure i'll think of some other things i forgot but that's all for now

hey, thanks for the report will come in use when showing taxi drivers when they are thinking of getting a avensis.

all the taxi drivers round here (teesside) go for octavia's now slowly drifting away from vectra's there's the odd avensis then again when I go to Leeds every taxi is an avensis. out of interest what cars have you had previously on taxi's.

hi,loads,merc c class estate(2.5 td auto) w123,picasso(petrol),older shape laguna(2.2 no turbo diesel),pug 406,rover75(bmw diesel), avensis was the best and probably butter built then the t27!

oh no 'avensis was the best and probably butter built then the t27!'

what dont you like about the t27?

feels a bit more plasticey than the previous model,and even though it is the same tr spec as the old one it doesn't have electeic folding mirrors,dimming rear view mirror,automatic lights and wipers,chrome type strip on the sills,then again it does have bluetooth,reversing camera,doesn't feel so good when you slam the doors either

i does drive really nicely though