Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Space-Saver Wheel For Iq

chezwot

Question for Kingo or anyone else that knows, can you give me the part number for the space-saver wheel for the iQ and if possible the tyre size. Cheers, Chez

As Kingo hadn't replied, I visited my Toyota dealer this afternoon and asked if a space-saver wheel was available for the iQ, the answer was NO! It would be nice to know if non-availability only applies to Portugal, so if someone in the UK is visiting their dealer perhaps they could clarify the situation.

I don't think there is one Chez. Besides, where would you put it if you had one? I'm sure Kingo will reply later when he gets back from work. Sorry I can't help answer your question.

Kingo did imply that the parts catalogue mentioned a space saver for the IQ, but as he said there is no mention of where it is supposed to "fit" in the car.

I carry a "normal size" spare in the back and would be happy to swap it for a space saver to save space and weight.

I have seen a few Yaris space saver wheels and tyres on eBay and if they are the same pcd, offset and OD as IQ wheels then one of those would do.

I would like to see a cross reference of the listed IQ space saver to that of a Yaris. If they are the same, that is the answer.

John

I'd guess that so long as it's PCD is 4x100 they should fit ok.

Fish

Dan do you know what the offset is as if you remember mine are about 1/2 inch outside the body and i want to change the to bring them in as it has bottomed out a couple of times

David

I emailed the Toyota dealer in Norwich and this was their reply.........

Unfortunately Toyota do not offer a spare wheel of any kind to fit the IQ due to the lack of space to store one.

They don't offer a spare wheel as such, but they do offer a steel winter rim for the IQ which takes a normal tyre and can be carried in the back if the seats are down, as a spare wheel.

As I have said before I have carried one of these for 3-4 years without any inconvenience as I do not require the rear seats for passengers.

Of course, I have not had a puncture during that time but no doubt the day I take the spare wheel out, I will have a puncture!

John

David, I'll need to take a wheel off, but looking on the web the OE offset is 45 so you might have something lower. Looking at the Aygo (39 offset) you should be ok with one from this model.

Fish

I contacted Dingles Toyota in Norwich again to ask whether either the Yaris or Aygo had a space-saver, this is their reply..

"In response to your question, the Aygo has a full size spare wheel (which is smaller in both diameter and width) The new Yaris has a 16 inch space saver but I cannot be certain that it will fit an IQ, for a new Yaris space saver wheel fitted with a 125/70R16 Continental tyre would be £133.33 inc VAT. It would take two weeks to source the space saver wheel. For a full size IQ steel wheel fitted with a 175/65R15 Firestone tyre would be £107.20 inc VAT and these would take three days to source. For either of the above options we would require payment in advance."

If you had a bad day, had a puncture, used the gunge (and it worked) went to tyre repair shop and were told a new tyre was needed due to the gunge being in the tyre or "too damaged to repair" then the cost of the new tyre and replacement gunge pack would come to about the same price as that quote.

Perhaps less depending where you source the gunge and the tyre.

The gunge may not work of course, but that is another story!

John

The Gunge or Tyre Weld or what ever is so easily cleaned up that it is not an issue.

(Except to Tyre Fitters that want a sale & not to do a repair)

If some tyre fitter finds it a problem,

you just ask them to take the tyre off the rim please and give you a few moments alone outside.!!

Take some J Clothes or similar with you to the tyre fiiting centre and some soapy water in a container,

Go outside and clean off the Gunge, Goo, Rubbery, solution or whatever,

it is not Kryptonite, even if they act as tho it is very often..

The tyre is ether repairable or not by the type & position of the puncture,

Gunge having been used does not make it un-repairable.

The fitter is taking the tyre fully off the rim if they are changing the tyre anyway, so there is no more or less mess,

just less profit to the fitting centre whe a New Tyre is not required.

Just, IMO obviously, but also IME.

george

For a full size IQ steel wheel fitted with a 175/65R15 Firestone tyre would be £107.20 inc VAT and these would take three days to source.

I think that isn't too bad for a wheel and tyre, especially with the (peace of mind) comfort zone it puts one in having a spare instead of just the 'goo.' Even using the spare, you should not lose too much space as now you can remove the kit under the seat and fit it into the 'gap' under the wheel, so more space for your secret stash, whatever that may be, er, hello officer.

So, what would you put into the freed up space then? Right now I can't think of anything but my gold bars...

:arrgg-matey: