Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4.2 - Strange Vibration....

Neil T

Hi folks,

I have recently had a strange vibration issue. When driving along at a steady 70mph, for no apparent reason i start to get a heavy vibration from the rear drivers side of the car. It continues all the way while slowing down from 70 to 0, to pull in.

Once i start driving again, it goes away and doesnt come back, even up at the same speed.

If it wasnt quite so random, i would put it down to balancing or diff mounts or prop shaft etc etc but it happens sporadically, i'm not sure where to start.

I would like to get it fixed or at very least diagnosed before i sell it, it was due to go on autotrader this week after a long weekend detailling it :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Cheers

Neil

Redlew's suggestion above not that obvious.....wee shuchs tried to remove friend's alloys, and I drove it t'garage in his absence to have "noise" investigated....all bolts loose except the locking one.(Felt a richt eejit....) Also suspect simplistics like tyre off concentric or damaged.

Big Kev

Tyre damage probably wont give random results. Had a buldge in the rear off side tyre of the van just recently. Vibration started at 60mph and was shaking my teeth out at 70. drop back below 60 and it all calmed down.

Next time it does it just ease your foot on the brake and see if it goes away.

Ironically I had something similair to this yesterday morning briefly, going home in the evening it returned, I believe it was the road surface causing it as it was the same area both times.

Gus

Ironically I had something similair to this yesterday morning briefly, going home in the evening it returned, I believe it was the road surface causing it as it was the same area both times.

Gus

Caused by running over the cyclist you hit in the morning ? Its these dark mornings and nights.

We've got those PITA rumble strips at all the islands round here. All because some folk can't grasp the concept of going round an island we all have to shaken to pieces.