Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headlight Bulbs

silly sausage

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Kev

• Millomite

• silly sausage

• Aycee

To clairify then, I need 2 H11s, 2 HB3s and the sidelights off ebay?

Yep, just fitted mine this morning, Osram night breaker plus.

To clairify then, I need 2 H11s, 2 HB3s and the sidelights off ebay?

Aye, Scottie....warp factor wan......but the main beam bulbs are not mandatory (HB3) at this stage....your dipped ones will make the dirrifence you seek.

Big Kev

Cheers both, will get them ordered and hopefully work out how hard they are to install!!!!!

Cheers both, will get them ordered and hopefully work out how hard they are to install!!!!!

DEEDLE DAWDLE SCOTT.....or nick up fra coffee.....

About four / five minutes per side for all three bulbs Scott, drivers side is a bit more congested but straight forward enough.

About four / five minutes per side for all three bulbs Scott, drivers side is a bit more congested but straight forward enough.

.....SO UNCLIP NECK OF WINDSCREEN WASHER BOTTLE AND GENTLY BEND OUT THE WAY....IT HELPED MA WEE FAT HANDS ANYWAY......please excuse capitals (like....edinburgh.)

Fitted Osram nightbreaker plus to the dipped beams, much brighter than the standard bulbs.

Also fitted these sidelight bulbs which give a nice white light.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

but they have doubled in price!!

I fitted the above side lights and I am very happy with the nice look. However those CREE bulbs clearly look more effective

In terms of dipped bulbs, I converted to HID when I got the vehicle and haven't looked back. Cost about £70 but the light output of the xenon bulb behind the projector lense is just superb. Fairly easy to fit as well.

No MOT problems either.

KL

• 2 weeks later...

Also fitted these sidelight bulbs which give a nice white light.

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

but they have doubled in price!!

Well, thought I'd give these a go - total rubbish.

First time used on a 40 minute journey and one has melted and other going same way...................

Melted!! Wow, must be a fiire risk, lucky you noticed it. Will check mine out tomorrow, sorry i suggested them now. I'd get back on to the seller, I think they had a years guarantee.

Melted!! Wow, must be a fiire risk, lucky you noticed it. Will check mine out tomorrow, sorry i suggested them now. I'd get back on to the seller, I think they had a years guarantee.

No worries Angelos, you weren't to know.

I think it's the heat from the headlights - first time I have used headlights for any length of time since fitting the LEDs.

I'll send them back if I can find the paperwork..................

Very dodgy. Although they were fine in our RAV

I actually fitted the CREE bulbs in the end, they give a noticeably brighter light

So glad I read Davravs comments. Checked mine today, neither side was working. Took the bulbs out, one side the solder had melted on one connection, on the other side the led's had melted off completely. Needed some blutac on the end of a screwdriver to get them out. Back to standard bulbs now. Will be sending an email to the seller!!

So glad I read Davravs comments. Checked mine today, neither side was working. Took the bulbs out, one side the solder had melted on one connection, on the other side the led's had melted off completely. Needed some blutac on the end of a screwdriver to get them out. Back to standard bulbs now. Will be sending an email to the seller!!

Been in touch with them today - very polite and concerned e-mail asking me to return for appraisal and confirming refund.

Glad I caught mine before I had the same problem as yourself.

Have had a few of the "cheapies" fail, but not imitate Chernobyl.....most concernicating.

Big Kev

I actually fitted the CREE bulbs in the end, they give a noticeably brighter light

Good choice :thumbsup: Exactly what I recommended about 2 weeks ago :P

The newer Rav's sidelight sits virtually in its own wee reflector / enclosure, and even has a small "shield" of reflector chromed material between it and the headlight bulb. This will hopefully shield it from any heat from headlight bulb, and its own reflector seems to greatly amplify the 5 LED light sources.

Only wan who seems unhappy, and its a colour thing, is Gus.....but he's auld and English.......

Big Kev

I like a few people just lately have had my hands round the back of the headlights..... But each time I have meant to ask a question, there is a white plastic tube (with holes) going down from the top of the plastic cover to the back of the lights, has anyone got a scooby on what it is for?

Perplexed Gus?

I like a few people just lately have had my hands round the back of the headlights..... But each time I have meant to ask a question, there is a white plastic tube (with holes) going down from the top of the plastic cover to the back of the lights, has anyone got a scooby on what it is for?

Perplexed Gus?

Seems to be attached to the headlight beam adjuster gearings, Gus......let Mountain Man fiddle with his new car for a few days and he's sure to see those white tubes....saw them t'other day when I fitted some HB3 main beam bulb upgrades.....utterly brill night driving aid. Previously only upgraded the dip bulbs....these are the canine's ice cream substitute.

Big Kev

Big Kev

Saw them 2 weeks ago! It is just a tube that will drop your screwdriver right onto the adjuster. You can adjust the aim while standing at the side of the car. Have you noticed that flashing the lights causes both dip and main to flash one just after the other. It gives the lights a flicker effect which increases the effectiveness.

Saw them 2 weeks ago! It is just a tube that will drop your screwdriver right onto the adjuster. You can adjust the aim while standing at the side of the car.

thanks for this info it was bugging me.

Have you noticed that flashing the lights causes both dip and main to flash one just after the other. It gives the lights a flicker effect which increases the effectiveness.

I can see the news headlines tonight "There has been a reported outbreak in flashing by dirty old people in Rav 4's today" as they check out Dons observation :-)

Gus

P.s. old was put in just for Kev.....

Saw them 2 weeks ago! It is just a tube that will drop your screwdriver right onto the adjuster. You can adjust the aim while standing at the side of the car.

thanks for this info it was bugging me.

Have you noticed that flashing the lights causes both dip and main to flash one just after the other. It gives the lights a flicker effect which increases the effectiveness.

I can see the news headlines tonight "There has been a reported outbreak in flashing by dirty old people in Rav 4's today" as they check out Dons observation :-)

Gus

P.s. old was put in just for Kev.....

Nah Gusterz....me off to M8 Motorway to keep pulling back the left stalk.....only police cars wired to do that kinda flashing....I will be at front of traffic all day....

• 3 weeks later...

Good choice :thumbsup: Exactly what I recommended about 2 weeks ago :P

Martin min.....please post link to them CREE bulbs for Anchorchap....I have lost it AFTER TAKING YOUR ADVICE and trying them myself.....good grief, they are indeed bright, mate......like a welding flash when ye first put them in to test polarification. Thanks for the nod. They are expensive, so their longevity being monitored.....miserable Scotsmin min.

Gus....they are less blue, but nonetheless have a blue hue you, if you get ma drift, but boy they are bricht.

Big Kev

Not saying this is the same one as BM but I am waiting for some from a Co called LightecAutostyle

Del

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links