Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advanced Keys Push To Start Alarm And Keyless Entry System

surfcitylocal

The nice people at Advanced Keys have added a security / push to start system to the Haolebuilt II project.

The Toyota iQ's have the option of push button start but the Scion model does not. I really wanted to add a push button start and this system does it all.

Auto door lock / unlock. Remote engine start. Full alarm system and Push to Start. When I have the key card in my pocket and approach the iQ the doors unlock at about a five foot distance. When I walk away the doors lock and the alarm system activates at about 10 feet. Beyond the 10 foot range the remote engine start will work. I can start my iQ from inside my house.

Professional installation is suggested so I had my buddy Gene do it while I watched. The installation is rather straight forward and programming is simple. There is a flashing LED to alert the public that the alarm is active. The system comes with two key cards and two bypass cards. There is a small receiver mounted on the dash that will bypass the system in the event your Battery in the key card dies or you lose it. When the bypass is used the alarm is deactivated but the push to start is still active.

I will post up a video of how the system performs but for now here are some pictures of the start button.

DSCN2226.jpg

DSCN2227.jpg

It is pure joy not having to use the key anymore.

This system is the AK - 105B and retails for $349.

The customer support was amazing. Brian from Advanced Keys spoke to us on the phone during the installation even though it was past 10:00 pm his time. The system is the latest they have and the installation instructions had not been finalized. He walked us through some wiring questions and made the job so much easier.

You can check them out at www.advancedkeys.com

Very nice Taz. I always thought the keyless entry and smart start was a gimmick, but once you've used it there is no going back.

I had a remote start/stop alarm on one of my scooters, it was good fun scaring people as they walked passed and starting it up remotely :)

Very nice Taz. I always thought the keyless entry and smart start was a gimmick, but once you've used it there is no going back.

I had a remote start/stop alarm on one of my scooters, it was good fun scaring people as they walked passed and starting it up remotely :)

My wife laughs when I start the car from inside the house. She asks why? I tell her it's to let the engine warm up. She reminds me it never gets below 65 degrees most of the year. I tell her it's just cool. =)

I'm sure you will have some fun with that feature at the car shows.