Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Accessories

StPatricks

Hello

I have had my IQ for just over a week and I was wandering what has been the best accessory that anyone as added to their IQ? I have a 2010 IQ3 1.33

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the family :)

For me, I would say:

Stebal Nautilus air horn

Driving Lamps

*Lowering Springs*

17" rims

Wind deflectors

Rear spoiler

Door protectors for the aesthetics (already fitted when bought)

*Footwell Lights*

*Boot Lights*

*Modified Dome Light*

*Mud Flaps (colour coded)*

*Edited lines

You can see them all here :)

http://www.toyotaown...howtopic=129583

Edited by Soeley
  • Like 1

My best accessory is a litle lens which is fitted on my front windscreen next to my mirror.

Traffic lights aren't visible because of the hight on many traffic crossings in Holland.

With the lens I can see them clearly without reaching my head to the window.

This is a simple lens but it brings me a lot of comfort.

post-81104-0-63619500-1351105595_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies so far; I'm not looking to be too adventurous as my DIY skills are nil. I will check the link you sent Mark thanks.

Don't forget to post some pictures, we like to see pictures ;)

Its difficult to choose

Got chrome mirror covers, lower garnish,limo black rearview windows, bee stinger aerial, modified mirror light cluster with down lighters and spoiler. Because it makes it look good on the outside

Got DRL's and HID headlights, for safety and silver indicators and Led side lights to help see.

Got leather seats for comfort.

Got luminated scuff pads, blue dash, blue gear stick, luminated footwells,modded interior and roof rear lighting. Because its pleasing to the eyes

Got tyre pressure and temp module,replaced Tns 510 for a tns 350 satnav (for speed traffic camera's) rearview camera for safety.

Got my own design heads up display because i can

Oh and 18" x 215 wheels with lowered suspension for the ride and wow factor!! Oh and custom twin exhaust because it sounds good!!

So not sure really

David

• Like 1

Its difficult to choose

Got chrome mirror covers, lower garnish,limo black rearview windows, bee stinger aerial, modified mirror light cluster with down lighters and spoiler. Because it makes it look good on the outside

Got DRL's and HID headlights, for safety and silver indicators and Led side lights to help see.

Got leather seats for comfort.

Got luminated scuff pads, blue dash, blue gear stick, luminated footwells,modded interior and roof rear lighting. Because its pleasing to the eyes

Got tyre pressure and temp module,replaced Tns 510 for a tns 350 satnav (for speed traffic camera's) rearview camera for safety.

Got my own design heads up display because i can

Oh and 18" x 215 wheels with lowered suspension for the ride and wow factor!!

So not sure really

David

I've got a rather nice iQ keyring .....

It's all I felt it needed. :laughing:

Hi and welcome to the best iQ forum, ever. I have two modifications on our car. The Hare, and the blue metal dust caps. There is an LED torch attached inside the 'boot' area too, but I don't have a photo of that. The car is the basic, or iQ1 model, a 1.0 litre manual with manual air con. And, the little tike has just passed its first MOT.

:clap::cheers::toast: :lol2: :thumbsup:

post-113536-0-81983200-1351157801_thumb.

post-113536-0-18672300-1351158048_thumb.

easy to fit toyota wind deflectors

choose a warmish day and its a remove the tape and stick on basically.just the job for a non DiYer

Ha nearly forgot. White iQ keyring and white covers for the key fob. And Blue dust caps. The worst accessory is dirt from this awful weather

David

• Like 1

TPMS

Blackvue witness camera, front watching only

Novus speed camera gps warning device

Garmin sat nav (better than the Toyota one which is fine for sounds etc. The Garmin also gives fixed and mobile camera alerts)

Spare wheel

Winter kit (folding shovel etc)

Steel winter wheels and winter tyres (now on until the Spring)

Scuff plates

Mud flaps

Rear skirt

chrome exhaust finisher

Drls

and dirt too...

John

• Like 1

Best accessory for me is the improved interior light and the extra 'puddle light' in the back. My car lights up with joy when I approach it now and it's as bright as day inside. No more finding things by touch alone. Thanks Tarquin.

• Like 1

For me the most useful accessory was the glove bag / box thing that simple clips on the panel in front of the passengers seat. Very useful for storing things like CD's, Phone charger cable Etc. Look on eBay as they do come up on there quite often.

The rear load space mat is also very useful for protecting the seat backs when folded down and carrying goods and the floor mats are essential for saving the fitted carpets from dirt and wear. All genuine parts and not a bad price either.

The sills can be prone to scratching inside the door shuts so you can get some aluminium sill protector plates or do what I did and buy a metre of 3M clear protective film and stick your own for a protected but invisible appearance.

I have fitted better interior lighting, rear skirt, spoiler, mud flaps Etc but to be honest, all they do is add to the appearance and make it a bit more personalised If you want useful accessories without modifying the car too much, the above items are good to start with. :)

Craig.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies; I will look at the simple things first protecting the sills and interior lighting. More ideas always welcome

John

As listed already

1, wind deflectors

2, Tarquin (David's) light mod

3, spare wheel (space saver)

Fish

• Like 1

Just edited my original post (#2), amazing what you can forget :o

David, in that case I must also add the blue dash as well. ;) (I still have a debt with the bank on that one, which I must get repaid soon)

Fish

What is a good price / going price for the glove bag/box (genuine part)?

I have seen a few but the metallic button on the front seems to vary on the left and right hand side? Is that correct?

I'm pretty sure the button is on the right hand side always.

The photo showing it on the other side is a Toyota photo of a left hand drive vehicle that I think has just been reversed to give the impression of a right hand drive vehicle.

I got mine second hand, but barely used and still in the Toyota packaging from eBay. Paid about £60 I think.

Craig.

The glove bag probably wins the prize for most overpriced accessory . Nearly a hundred quid for so mething of dubious desgn and practicality.

Priced at a more reasonable £50 probably most iQ owners would buy one. Maybe I'll change my mind if I ever feel I need something to store half a dozen pages of A4 and a few paper clips !

• Like 1

Dont know, lower garnish(chrome strip on boot lip). £89. Or plastic chrome strip above where the glove bag would be. £42. Or £36 for an iQ pen. You can buy a whole bonnet in the colour of your choice for £89

David

Plastic chrome strip above where the glove bag would be £42.

Got a picture David and a part number would be good. :)

Craig.