Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Rear/ Brake Lights

forevered

sorry if this question has been asked before, but what do you guys think of led rear/brake light bulbs as opposed to the standard 580 capless bulbs. are they a straight swap ? do they last longer ? are they any brighter ?

thanks for any advice.

You need to check the final diameter and compare it. Some LEDs are bigger compared to original bulbs depending on their shape. The shape may also affect the brightness and final look. Some are emitting light only straight which will prevent the light from reflecting from reflecting surface inside the lamp. Some LEDs spread the light all over, just like the normal bulbs.

The LEDs should last longer and may be brighter, but it's also possible that they will be more dim compared to stock bulbs depending on their shape and amount of LEDs. LED bulbs will light up faster compared to stock bulbs but as they're red, the final colour will be different compared to stock bulbs which are white. They won't match with your 3rd brake light anymore as they will become more red.

I wouldn't change the stock bulbs as most likely no one will notice any difference. To me it's just not worth it...