Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Economy Lamp?

Telboy78

Hello chaps, my first post so be gentle with me!!

Recently bought a 1998/T Avensis 2.0 GLS which I'm very impressed with - considering I came from a 2005 Peugeot 407 diesel!

Just a couple of questions I hope you can answer for me; In the handbook it mentions a green economy light? This doesn't appear to be working, or maybe my engine (2.0 petrol) doesn't have it fitted? Could someone confirm for me either way?

Secondly, seem to be experiencing a slight bit of clutch judder, pulling away in 1st and then upchanges to 2nd and sometimes third become a bit jerky and snappy. The clutch itself seems to be working, I can't detect any slip as far as I can tell. Symptom of the hydraulic system or something more sinister?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Oh and great forum by the way!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi try adjusting the clutch pedal height to the correct height and the correct play at the pedal (approx 7mm)that might resolve the the gear changing problem .As for the green eco light you might have a blown bulb you'll have to take out the speedo housing and change it that way.

Hi Telboy78, I'v just come from a 407 Diesel to a 2.2 Avensis. Peugeot = 52 motorway mpg, Avensis = 43 mpg and 30 around town. Missing my 407 already. As for you Eco lamp..... no idea.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links