Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Oil Change.....

valentino 46

Soon to take delivery of 1.8 tr spec tourer [ manual gearbox]. and wondered if you people would recommend having the gearbox oil changed at the first service, I intend to keep the car for 5 years ,and do not know if the oil in the box is ever changed in service. Thanks.

Historically the gearbox oil service on the majority of Toyota vehicle was around 50K. I can't see any reason why anyone would leave it longer. The oil is much cheaper if bought in 5l cartons from a motor factor.

There no need to change manuel gearbox oil .Toyota dont suggest it, only if the car is used rough conditions.

But it will do no harm though. should be SAE 75W.

did mine in the summer ... (110k) .... absolutely stank .... dark yellow colour.... new stuff was clear and wasn't that expensive..... Didn't notice much different.... but I assume can't have done any harm.

I like to change my gearbox oil every 50-60k with full ester synth juice. Afaik Mr T doesn't have a recommended service change! But I think its cheaper to change the box oil for 20 quid than a gearbox for a couple of grand. But as for all things its a personnel thingy...

agree with MIstermena, will look to change my oil soon too, with the cold weather, bit stiff to get 1st gear

Is there a 'how to' on this for a 2009 avensis tourer estate??

Regards phil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links