Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Prius Miles

taximerv

hi i write hear today about toyota Prius Gen 3 2009 T/ Spirit had it from new just looking towards 140000 mile service using a little oil now never done that before . no real problems with my toyota one wheel bearing at about 90000 miles put new front pads on at 102000 miles not to bad for the first set but then again i don't use them much ( joke ) found some wheels for spare always felt a little worried about spare situation beens i use my Prius for a taxi its my 4th Prius a college has Gen 2

he has nearly 160000 on his still going well and he has bought another i read lots on forum i would like to hear any body else with high miles .is using a little oil about a pint or more between service any thing to worry about i am thinking winter tyres may be a good investment reasons more cars than ever on the road plus i have to work not look out of the window pleased with my fuel consumption average over month logged every fill up not the computer mileage logging 55mpg average regular tyre maintenance helps keep mileage. lets hear some feed back on miles please i know their are lots

out their done more miles than i have thanks

Hi taximerv - good to hear from you. We used to have a high mileage taxi driver as a regular contributor but haven't heard from him for a while. If he is looking in I hope he responds.

I got my TSpirit about the same time as you, but my mileage is only about a tenth of yours so I can't help you there - sorry . . . . :no:

I am hoping my 2009 gen3 will get to 140,000 miles and beyond. I only do 20,000 miles a year so just coming up to the 60,000 service (and MOT time). Not sure you will find many gen3 prii with your kind of mileage. Maybe in the USA? They have had the gen3 for a bit longer than us.

If you are looking at winter tyres for a gen3 T-spirit, I am guessing you have the 17inch wheels?

In previous winters, these have been hard if not impossible to find. What a lot of the USA owners do is get a set of 16 inch steel wheels for the winter tyres, then swap the wheels over as required for winter/summer use. Not sure how that would affect your insurance if you did that over here. Another option would be to get some 15 inch gen3 wheels from Mr T (bit pricey though). You can easily get winter tyres for these and can even get low rolling resistance versions (aka energy saver, fuel saver, etc.).

Mines a 2010 (june) Gen 3 and at about 81,000 miles now.

Apart from the noise on startup after a non complete earlier start, I have had no probs with mine and we probably keep her for a few years yet.

Still on the same rear tyres still!

Extended the warranty via Toyota, so keeping it should be a no brainer.

Your local dealer will have winter tyres in stock for your gen 3. As you said make sure you keep decent tyres and tyre pressures on the Prius and your on the road to decent mpg.

Prius don't tend to use oil between services but if the same standard applies across the range then 1L per 1000 miles is normal

You don't happen to have a slight oil leak somewhere on the engine leading to the small loss

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

My 2007 Gen2 at 82,000 miles (although I've had it 3 years and do 20000 a year) and to date apart from tyres, a pollen filter and brake fluid change + oil/filter changes all is original. I'm about to need new tyres so it's useful to have the new European ratings. I like it quiet in the cabin so low noise important. Most noticeable noise apart from road noise is a slight "wah-wah" sort of noise, (a bit like the red indians do!) at 30mph when under slight acceleration, but it's always done that. Never had an issue with oil loss. Best car I've had by a country mile, my 3 year avge mpg is 56.5.

my car is at about 70k and just had a service, no issues whatsoever apart from an advisory on two front tyres at 3mm. not the best car i owned but certainly the most reliable, the least to maintain, the least to think about whether something will go wrong.