Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iphone 5 And Tns510 Inbuilt Navigation System Bluetooth Issues

atul

I have an avensis 2010 model which has tns510 satnav-bluetooth unit. Have previously been using iPhone 3gs bluetooth functionality to make and receive calls like a dream. Recently upgraded to iPhone 5 and able to pair the phone without any issues and can make calls. When I receive calls either party cannot hear each other. Tried re-pairing it several times, bluetooth portable player works great i.e able to play songs which are there on iPhone. Apple says its not their problem and toyota are unaware of this problem and there is no firmware update yet from their end. Wondering if anyone else having similar problems and any solutions offered? Iphone 5 bluetooth feature works like a dream on my ford car so its not the iphone.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi atul, I own a Toyota iq with TNS 510. Unfortunately I have the same issue. Today I wrote to Toyota Germany. Lets see, what they answer. I'll keep you informed.

Kind regards

Helmut

Well known problem known by Apple &Toyota plus other manufacturers.

Goole it and you will find pages about it.

Posted last week on this forum.

Both Apple and Toyota reticent to admit in public, but they are well aware.

Affects iPhone 4 , 4s and some Androids also.

Toggle between Toyota &iphone and back and it should work when a call is received.

Also mine works when I press accept, transfer, accept and transfer again.

Doftware update is required form Apple , but don't hold your breath.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again

Just tried a workaround that was posted on the Apple forum that worked for me to accept incoming calls via the steering wheel control.

Go to settings - general - accessibility - physical & motor - incoming calls - set to "headset"

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...

For a long time I used my phone with Toyota TNS510. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 in system software version 4.3. HandsFree was doing excellently in every respect. Unfortunately, after a software update from version 4.0.4 to 4.3 is not possible to connect the Samsung Galaxy S3 as HandsFree device and media device (simultaneously) as it was previously possible. All the time cuts phone or media device. Why such a connection is not possible in the new version? Is there a patch repairing the system error?

Hi Piotr,

my issue in the past was fixed with the next update from Apple. Since the update and the following updates, my iPhone works perfect with the tns510. I believe, you can fix the issue with the next update for your smartphone. Or can you downgrade your android version?

Kind regards,

Helmut

Well, unfortunately, neither Samsung nor toyota does not admit to making a mistake. It seems that the problem relates to devices based on android system version 4.3. I checked two other devices Samsung Galaxy s3, they also have the same problem. Other devices connect seamlessly.

Samsung rep:
Dear Piotr,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Support.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide specific technical support for third party products.

Please be advised we cannot guarantee compatibility with any
accessories not manufactured by Samsung. Ultimately, it is the
responsibility of the third party manufacturer to ensure their
accessories are compatible with our devices.

We recommend contacting the manufacturer of your Toyota TNS510 to
ensure that it is compatible with your device and its current version of
the Android operating system. They may have an app, an update, or
specific instructions that you need to follow, in order for it to work
correctly.

As your device worked previously but stopped working after a
software update, then connectivity may be restored in a future software
update.

I’ve passed your comments on to our software development team to
help improve the connectivity of our devices. Thank you for your input.

If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Our Customer Support Team love feedback! Share your thoughts on this
response by completing the survey at the bottom of this page.

Kind regards

John

Online Support Team

Samsung Customer Support Centre
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Toyota rep:

Hi Piotr
Thanks for your post.
The problem seems to be the upgrade to your phone however you could try
deleting the pairing from the phone and navigation unit and repairing.
Hope this helps.
Toyota UK

Hi Piotr,

This is slightly off topic, but I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 which came with Android version 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.

Now you may or may not have heard about the Samsung Jelly Bean upgrade to 4.3.3 which has been a disaster. Samsung rushed it out and this caused lots of problems, with phone not working properly, over heated and fast draining Battery, apps incompatibility, wifi and bluetooth issues, phone shutting off and finally the worst, the phone becoming "bricked" dead.

Samsung pulled the update and after some fixes, the software was re-released. Some people are still reporting issues with this "fixed" update!

Because of the issues known about Samsung android 4.3.3., I cancelled and deleted the update. My phone has been fine so why would I want to possibly ruin a good setup.

Back on topic, the real issue are the companies concerned using the correct bluetooth specifications and protocols.

I use a different bluetooth system (Novero), and every phone I have used works well, including my nephews ipod touch. The list includes 2x Sony, 2x Nokia, and the Samsung. And across various platforms - Java, Symbian, Android and Windows 8. All have different version of bluetooth.

On that basis, the Toyota system needs to be more flexible.

Solution to the problem of TNS510 bluetooth. Lack of bluetooth connection. TNS510 has the ability to connect up to six phones. Unfortunately, at the same time supports only two media devices. You can connect only two media players (multimedia audio device). Updating the mobile device you are updating the bluetooth device on your phone as well. TNS510 detects it as a new device. If you paired any devices before, you find that there is no more slots for new multimedia device (TNS keep disconnecting multimedia audio device). So, if you connecting phone to TNS, the phone is paired. Multimedia device, no.

Solution:
Go to the menu, then the Info tab, then bluetooth, then remove all bluetooth devices. Set the Device name and password the same as the bluetooth settings for your phone i TEL settings tab in TNS device. Delete all related to a bluetooth devices in your phone. Pair all over again using TEL button , then settings, then register tab. 100% working solution for the bluetooth connection issue related to the Toyota sat nav TNS510.
Regards Piotr.

• Like 1

Well done Piotr.

I have seen lots of queries with bluetooth pairing issue with Toyota systems, some with certain solutions.

Yours is the best detailed solution so far. I think it should be pinned!

Imagine getting a secondhand car where the incar audio has had previous pairings. Not every owner get the manual, read it if the subject is covered, or realise what is causing the airing problems.

Now if this is the cause, the audio unit should be reset back to factory so it is clean.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Hi. I know this issue of lost sound on incoming calls is an old one. But do I take it that it never has been resolved. Dialling and outgoing conversations work ok, but incoming there’s still no sound 😞