Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smoking Gen 7? Help?

Jay_28

Hi Guys, i'm new to the forum, this is my first posting here....

Ok, I have recently purchased a 2003 Toyota Celica t sport & until Recently I've just notice when I start the vehicle it is letting out smoke, its like a white-bluish (hard to tell colour) type smoke and goes away once I start driving about and doesn't come back... I have a sneaky suspicion that it may be worn valve stem seals or piston rings (from what i've read)??? Is this common on the T Sports?

The Car has done 112,000 miles and has had oil changes (5W-30) every 6000-1000 miles, last service 104,000 thousand (although il be doing one next week for peace of mind)

I have connected it to a diagnostic OBD2 reader, It doesn't show any fault codes (would it show such a fault for problem described) ??

Any ideas or recommendations you can make would be much appreciated?

Thanks

Jay

nothing to be worry about -- it is good perfomance of cat converter giving you a steam/water instead of emmision.

cheers

cheers for the reply mate, to be on the safe side i've ordered this chemical test kit for the head gasket

should arrive in a few days

either way im changing the coolant out this weekend so will add something like steel seal to it... preventative maintenance lol

Does anybody know if the Celica T sport is prone to head gasket failure?

Thanks