Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav Owners With A Style Pack

Just been washing Ravii as it had got a bit dirty over the last month or two.... Noticed that on the front of the front guard that you get with the style pack, (the thing that remind me of a nose cone) the two covers over the towing eye covers (sounds daft but if you have the guard you will know what I mean) have come loose and the slightest touch they fell orf.

Please check yours to make sure you don't lose them and any thoughts on how to keep them there? I guess silicone of some type but I would like to remove them if I ever have the need too.

Gus

Just use a blob of silicone at each corner O windy one.

That should hold them in whilst allowing removal if necessary.

Do they not have a stalk that stops them falling off completely?

They have a couple of little spurs of plastic (tongues) at the bottom with a spring clip at the top, I will try and push out/widen the spring clip a little bit but they haven't been touched since I got the car, I presume with the colder weather everything has moved/shrunk/contracted a bit. They could drop out totally, there is no lead as per the fuel cap type of thing, so they could easily be lost, hence my warning so they are checked before anybody may lose them.

Any recommendations in terms of silicone I had a look and I only type i have is the type that goes round showers and that drys white :-) I guess no more nails won't do it.....

You can usually get sealant that can be used both indoors and out, from most DIY places, that dries translucent. (perhaps I shouldn't sound so posh and say clear :)).

I usually look at its working temperature range (if available) as a guide, to make sure it's OK to be used well below freezing.

If you want to be really posh, I've used stuff from Dow Corning (in black) before now. It's not cheap, but it works and stays permanent, unlike some DIY stuff I've tried.

http://uk.farnell.co...-90ml/dp/108899

In other situations, I try to find stuff that doesn't release acetic acid (the vinegar smell) as it cures, as it can be corrosive on some things.

I wondered about these as mine, while not falling off, did seem a bit looser then I would expect.

Think I will use some clear silicon to secure these as well :)

I wondered about these as mine, while not falling off, did seem a bit looser then I would expect.

Think I will use some clear silicon to secure these as well :)

mine as well will do same :D

You can usually get sealant that can be used both indoors and out, from most DIY places, that dries translucent. (perhaps I shouldn't sound so posh and say clear :)).

I usually look at its working temperature range (if available) as a guide, to make sure it's OK to be used well below freezing.

If you want to be really posh, I've used stuff from Dow Corning (in black) before now. It's not cheap, but it works and stays permanent, unlike some DIY stuff I've tried.

http://uk.farnell.co...-90ml/dp/108899

In other situations, I try to find stuff that doesn't release acetic acid (the vinegar smell) as it cures, as it can be corrosive on some things.

just ordered some in "translucent" :laughing: kinda figured it would be more useful in the long run, did laugh when I saw a seller on eBay offering a tube for sale for £60 ish.

Thanks for the pointer schm appreciated :thumbsup:

Gus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links