Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Please - Toyota Rav4 5-Dr 2.2 D-4D Xtr 5Dr 09

davidrc

Hi,

I'm considering buying an 09 plate 2.2 D-4D XTR which has done 21k miles.

Firstly can anyone tell me if this model/year will be fitted with a DPF.

Secondly is this model/year affected by the excessive oil consumpion/sooting problem - how would you tell if a particular car has the problem?

Lastly are there any other common problems to watch for?

Thanks

David

No dpf on the 09 XT-R, you will be pleased to hear.

As for the engine issues as far as I understand there have been no reports of the 09 having the issue I believe that most of the mods had been done on this before it left the factory, also bear in mind you have a 106k mile or 7 year warranty for peace of mind.

I liked my 09, good in the snow :-) one thing to be aware of the 09 is that there where minor shape mods which means if you are buying things for it be careful for example the rear bumper cover does not fit, there is one for the 08 and earlier and one for the 150bhp 2010 model but the 09 dependant on build date you have to be careful or aware, internals and engine are not a problem.

Gus

Hi David

You would only normally find out if the owner tells you (which they probably wouldn't) or by trying it but so far I have not heard of 2009s causing engine problems. Engines aside, they are pretty bomb proof.

do you know when it was produced?

The Toyota bulletin for the head gasket issue caused by sooting that I have a copy of covers production from Jul 2005 to December 2008 for RAV4s so if it was produced after that it shouldn't be affected.

Thanks guys, I have not actually been to see the car yet and have no info about build date or vin number. However it is advertised as 136 bhp so presumably it is the earlier version. Is the 150 bhp a better bet?

Thanks guys, I have not actually been to see the car yet and have no info about build date or vin number. However it is advertised as 136 bhp so presumably it is the earlier version. Is the 150 bhp a better bet?

Hi David,

If your looking at an 09 plate Rav I would be tempted to 'push the boat out' a touch more and maybe look for a 59 or 10 plate 150bhp model with the leather seats and later front grille (the pre 2011 grille). You will get all the later interior features plus the later engine for not much more money.

Paul .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links