Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Rails

ratchet2112

Hello all,

purchased a roof box today including roof bars and Thule locks, now all i need to do is fit some roof rails for my T180, on research it looks like the genuine Toyota ones are quite expensive.

Anybody purchased after market ones and if so what is the quality and compatibility like.

Cheers

Yes but the Toyota roof rails are a proper job, they even make the car look superb, they are designed to fit and leave on the car, you wont get that look with some aftermarket bar rack system

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'd agree with Kingo as I got some cheaper ones off eBay and they are rubbish! The plastic bits blew off as they never really fitted and the paint job was crap! Defo get genuine set!

In our charity recycling yard we have some genuine pre 1939 cast iron rails from a steelworks. These are built to last and will turn your car into a classic (heap). We can cut them to length free of charge.

Yes but the Toyota roof rails are a proper job, they even make the car look superb, they are designed to fit and leave on the car, you wont get that look with some aftermarket bar rack system

Kingo :thumbsup:

I agree 100%. I don't know why Mr. T stopped fitting them as standard to the 4.3. the car looks unfinished without them, IMVHO.

Can I ask for some opinions please, foax....if I were to fit said roof rails on ma new pride and joy (Decuma Grey), should they be black (i.e. to match the closest trim to them, the window surrounds) or should they be silver (to give a sorta top and bottom "match" with the new sidesteps....?

No sweeties will be offered in exchange for your replies.....lol.

Mr. Parts Kingo.....please furnish prices at your earliest convenience.....trust the new dartboard has arrived....the one where the numbers only go up to twelve.......

Big Kev

Silver all day long.

Assuming they are more for style rather than function, you fit black ones Kev, nobody will even notice them.

Mr. Parts Kingo.....please furnish prices at your earliest convenience.....trust the new dartboard has arrived....the one where the numbers only go up to twelve.......

PM winging its way Kevalino

Jockey Wilson

Jockey Wilson

Well, I never knew Harold took to the turf. You learn something every day on this forum..........................

Jockey Wilson

Well, I never knew Harold took to the turf. You learn something every day on this forum..........................

Can I get the prices for these too? I feel mine is looking a little naked up top also...

Cheers,

Ben.

Can I ask for some opinions please, foax....if I were to fit said roof rails on ma new pride and joy (Decuma Grey), should they be black (i.e. to match the closest trim to them, the window surrounds) or should they be silver (to give a sorta top and bottom "match" with the new sidesteps....?

Big Kev

I'm torn (not to be confused with half-cut). The silver will contrast nicely but black will look more subltle, stealthy, even. You could get both & alter them to suit your mood - bit pricey, mind. Flip a coin??

Either way, BK, the car will look much better.

I had a similar dilemma as to OEM or other brand & actually opted for kingo's services. They look great & as kingo has stated really finish the car off

Roof rails are ESSENTIAL to the RAV4, both for looks and practicality (and should be a standard fitment!)

Re Silver vs Black, IMO, generally a contrast looks best for these, so I went for Black rails for my Pearl White SR, but If I bought the Dacuma Gray, then it would have had to be Silver Rails :)

I am leaning towards black, only because lots of trim up there is the same. I think Outlanders have silver so have a look on the website and choose grey body colour.

Big Kev

Holy gamoli Kev, surely the only colour for yours HAS to be blue with white diagonals!!! :clap:

Deface a perfectly good ENGLISH motor!!!

So what was that hissing noise when you were under ma car....? Ah thought it was you undersealing it....naw....?

That wasnt hissing, he was p*ssing :lol:

That was the hidden and mildly amusing inference to which I was stealthily inferring, sir......