Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Sr180 Power Steering Failure! Help

SR180BOB

:mad2: when i came out of the gym this morning, i went to start my auris and it wouldnt start then the dash said check power steering, so now my car is stuck at the gym n i dont know how the hell im going to get it started, i rang toyota and they said the is no way of bypassing it, im extremley F***** off because iv only had the car since march.i thought toyota were very reliable cars, now im not to sure

please help!!!!

do what i did mate i pulled the surround around the dials then took the 4 screws out of the dials and took them out but left the connector attached then the box behind them is the power steering control box i just unplugged all the plugs on it left it 5 mins and then put it all back together and that was 6000 miles ago and not had a problem since try that before going to mr T if it works u owe me a pint ;)

Fixed! After hours of trying to find what's wrong,I called the aa out and he was brilliant! It turns out that the Battery earth to the chassis was corroded and the Battery was trying to earth it's self through the power steering! And I don't have to fork out hundreds for a new power steering pump. Thanks for all the advice guys

There's no power steering pump, only an ECU and an electric motor with its mechanism.

I'm glad you sort it out.