Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Hiace D4D

kwah

i have a problem with my hiace and i cant find the reason. I went to lots of mechanics and noone can find whats wrong.

Heres the problem:

With first gear when i go up to 3800rpm the engine suddenly pulls back power like it lacks of fuel and will go over 4000 VERY slowly after that like someone is stopping the fuel from going into the engine.

With every other gear the problem exists 100 rpm lower than the previous gear, 2nd gear starts the problem at 3700, 3rd gear on 3600 and so on...

We cleaned the injectors, we changed the intakes, i switched ecu's with a same model car..i really cant think anything else

Anyone got any idea?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I do not know if my answer is clear but I try. Yor problem is not linked with fuel. Please try to swith into OBD II and check if there is/are some wrong codes reported. If there is/are something, write it to me.

If OBD II is clean I propose you the solutions below:

1. Clean your EGR valve and check if it helps.

2. Change fuel filter and check if it helps. For the future - do not tank any diesel V-power fuel. It is too dry and no one D4D like it. Only normal diesel from good supplier like Shell, BP, Statoil.

3. Other problem can be connected with turbo. Inside the turbo there are steerings. If they are sintered they are not work properly in full range. In this way the turbo pressure is to big in comparison to range of steerings work. After that come out overload and the car can drive only in safe mode. How to solve it ? It is enough to clean steerings inside the turbo.

4. The last one: All D4D-s have problems with SCV valve/s. Newer D4D-s from 2005 have one SCV. Older up to 2004 have two SCV valves (one red and one green). The problem is that sometimes SCV/s like/s to clog. You can try to flush it or change to new one.

One of verdicts above should solve your affliction.

Write to me for more questions if you have.

2. Change fuel filter and check if it helps. For the future - do not tank any diesel V-power fuel. It is too dry and no one D4D like it. Only normal diesel from good supplier like Shell, BP, Statoil.

Yep try a new filter but Shell V-Power too dry and no D4Ds like it......why did that come from ?

Buying a super-fuel Ultimate or V-Power fuel they are good but not for continuous use, are too "dry". Have less ability lubricate the moving parts of high pressure pumps.

Better to use ordinary diesel without additives for increasing power capacity expansion is problematic and hardly noticeable.

There is only noticeable on the commercials.

Buying a super-fuel Ultimate or V-Power fuel they are good but not for continuous use, are too "dry". Have less ability lubricate the moving parts of high pressure pumps.

Sorry my friend, you`ve got that wrong V-Power diesel has more lube than regular sulphur reduced fuel.

But I don`t suppose your diesel has had its sulphur removed ?

Everybody uses a kind of fuel what likes.

That is my point of view and it is laboratory proven that V-p has less ability to grease than normal because V-p is more dry.

I do not mean anything about sulphur, simply V-p has more chemical additions.

I think it is better to add every 10.000km to normal fuel an addtition like STP than use permanantly V-p.

I do not write that V-p is wrong fuel. It is very good for petrol engines and TDI, but not for D4D. D4D is an exception.

If you do not belive, ask your dealer and I am interesting what he tell you.

Every dealer of Toyota in PL do not recommend use high performance fuel. Only normal with temporary using and good addition like I wrote above.

I`ve gotta say I just don`t believe it and would like to see the proof :D