Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hot Air Even At 16 Degrees?

perdaniel

Yesterday I bought a 2001 2.0 vvti Avensis. Before I bought it I checked that the climate control worked by turning the temperature selector to the lowest position, after that I set it at 22 degrees. On my 40km commute today I noticed that the air coming out of the vents was hot even after the cabin was warmed up, so I reduced the temperature setting. Even at a setting of 16 degrees the vents blew hot air, below that they blew cold air. To be reasonable comfortable I had to turn the heat up and down. I tried both with the A/C on and off, in both cases the air was hot at 16 degrees and cold below 16 degrees. Does anyone here have an idea what could be wrong?

there must be a primer cacbin sensor and it is behind of a ribs on the dashboard close to steering wheel or dials. these ribs (or gril) might be covered by dust or so giving no air circulation. besides -- chek with salon air filter -- whether or not it has beeen nearly changed. besides -- check with R134a -- may be you need to charge an A/C system.

regards / Igor

I have been looking for the cabin temperature sensor, but I can't find anything that I recognize as that. Do you know what it looks like?

it is behind a small plastic grill on the dashboard ---- it must be close to starting key slot having 4-5 grilled holles

• 2 months later...

I found the problem: The cabin temperature sensor was unplugged. The automatic climate control has worked fine since I plugged the sensor in again.