Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service

iiyama

Looks like the garage we bought the car from did not do the 60k service, even though they stamped the book... :disgust:

So how difficult is it to change the fluids required for the 60k?

Also need to change out the plugs. Straightforward?

Looks like the garage we bought the car from did not do the 60k service, even though they stamped the book... :disgust:

So how difficult is it to change the fluids required for the 60k?

Also need to change out the plugs. Straightforward?

Dead simple to change oil, and if you need a wee lenny the oil wrench to do so, or wish to purchase, let me know and I shall furnish details. Sparkies will be the Iridium Tipped type, are easy to change, but about £8.00.....each.

Big Kev

Cheers fella but tools aint a problem! ;)

What about the transmission fluids? Easy enough?

Cheers fella but tools aint a problem! ;)

What about the transmission fluids? Easy enough?

I recently had two visitors from That England who attended to the transfer box / rear diff oils (which were utterly bowfin' btw....) so the ease of said works would be better left for them to reply....ah made the sausage rolls and tea. I was considered overly rotund to fit under wife's car........

Big Kev

Oh they were sausage rolls? They were delivered on a tray and dished out with tongues AND having all the moisture removed in a furnace, they also removed moisture in the same way as hospital swabs!

You can find lots of good things pinned in the technical hints section.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110842&st=0&gopid=1004201&

That link my friends is top! I shall proceed to the oil section of t'interweb and place an order!

Plugs ordered last night and a new K&N air filter.

Had a look at the SDS and Im alittle confised about the plugs. For the 1AZ-FE engine, (the one we have), they list a plug for 1-2-3 and then another for 4. Does this mean that cylinder 4 has a different plug or am I miss reading this?

I have NGK part number IFR6A11 four off.

So what does the service data sheet mean then bud? If we had a 1.8 its pretty clear, same applies if we had a 2.4. For the 2L though I'm a more then a little confused by the discription.

Could you clarify for the sake of my blonde wig please?? :cheers:

If you look at the bottom of the page it shows that the first plug type (set of 4) suites GCC (Arab states) , Europe and Austrailia and the second type is a "general" option.

So what does the service data sheet mean then bud? If we had a 1.8 its pretty clear, same applies if we had a 2.4. For the 2L though I'm a more then a little confused by the discription.

Could you clarify for the sake of my blonde wig please?? :cheers:

This is a guess but I'm thinking the first code [1,2,3] is for individual plugs, the second code is for a pack of four.............

EDIT - well that was a wasted guess.............

Changed plugs and air filter yesterday, all straight forward. Will do the cabin filter today. Car is booked in with the local Toyota garage monday week to have transfer box, diff and engine oils changed, it wasnt worth buggering about with for what they were charging.

Managed to get hold of a genuine Toyota detachable tow bar with twin electrics from the bay for just over £100. Only 10 miles from me too so bonus! However what is wrong with motor manufacturer's? Near side bar fittings were no problem due to the rear towing eye being bolted in and having to be removed. The offside though is a different issue. Fixing's are there and ready to accept bolts, except they arn't! Why dont they wind in two short bolts at the time of manufacture to keep the threads clean? Muppets!!

Anyway bar is all bolted into place so Ill deal with the electrics today.

Mind and ask the dealer for the old oil filter back. Just to make sure they do it.